Hi guys, I'm a tad stumped, my servercore machine was initially setup with an intel quad port pro100/1000 nic i have just added an intel dual port pro100/1000 nic and i kinda hoped it would just show up but it hasn't!
How do i get the thing working? I can't see how i use gpedit from another machine to connect remotely to allow hardware manager and i'm not sure what i need to do!
Todas as Respostas
You can perform the following suggestions to install the driver.
To add hardware to a server running a Server Core installation
1. Follow the instructions provided by the hardware vendor for installing new hardware:
• If the driver for the hardware is included in Windows Server 2008, Plug and Play will start and install the driver.
• If the driver for the hardware is not included, proceed with the steps 2 and 3.
2. Copy the driver files to a temporary folder on the server running a Server Core installation.
3. At a command prompt, open the folder where the driver files are located, and then run the following command: pnputil -i -a <driverinf>
Where:driverinf is the file name of the .inf file for the driver.
4. If prompted, restart the computer.
For more information, you can refer to:
Windows Server 2008 Step-by-Step Guides
By the way, you can also use Core Configurator if you system is Windows Server 2008 R2.
Core Configurator 2.0 (x64)
Thanks, I have installed the drivers from the manufacturer but plug and play has not detected the hardware! help
I can see the NICs in remote device manager but no plug and play installation came upThis device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)