none
Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-v Cluster: Can you have a server core and full installation in the same cluster?

Pergunta

• Hi there, currently I have a 2 nodes cluster with the 2 servers being Windows 2008 R2 server core. I'm trying to figure out a way to somehow convert the 2 server core to full installation. So my question is can you mix server core and full installation in the same cluster? If it's possible then I can move all the VMs to one server and do a full installation on the other server, join the new installation into the cluster and then move all the VMs over and do full installation on the other server core.

If not supported, any sugguestion how I can achive my goal? Thanks in advance.

quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 13:21

Respostas

• Hi,

Software requirements for using Hyper-V and Failover Clustering

The following are the software requirements for using Hyper-V and the Failover Clustering feature:

· Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise or Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter must be used for the physical computers. These servers must run the same version of Windows Server 2008 R2, including the same type of installation. That is, both servers must be either a full installation or a Server Core installation.

For more information, you can refer to:

Hyper-V: Using Hyper-V and Failover Clustering
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732181(WS.10).aspx

Vincent Hu

TechNet Community Support

quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 15:30