none
MDT Windows 7 Temp profile issue

Pergunta

• Hello,  I'm having profile issues when I use MDT to image and join a computer to the domain. When I login with the network account I use during the MDT install, it says that you are login in with a temporary profile. How do I fix this issue? 
    quinta-feira, 15 de março de 2012 20:55

Respostas

• You mean there is only one Network Account affected? Other network accoutns work fine?

I think the issue could be related to the account settings on your server side. Based on the current situation, I think you need to use the Ldifde tool to export account setting from AD.

1. One is for the Affected Network Account;

2. The other one is for the Normal Network Account;

You could export two differnt accounts' settings as .txt file. Then you could compare the two different files. You will find something different included. So I think it could be checkpoint here.

For the detailed information about the Ldifde, you could refer to the link below:

Title: Ldifde

URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731033(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

segunda-feira, 19 de março de 2012 08:17
    Moderador
  • I think the problem is my windows 7 image. I using a windows 7 image with modified local security policy. I'm not sure what policy that would stop a network account from being created. I loaded another windows image without modified local security settings and the account worked fine.
    quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 02:08
  • Well its not exactly fixed yet. I still have to rebuild the image. I'm using MDT 2012 RC1. Would that be the problem? What local security policy would cause a network account to login with a temporary account?

So that's the reason why we need to export the affected Network account and normal Network account to find the differences between them.

I believe from the Lidife export file, we could find something interesting included. Right?

If not, please follow the Dave's suggestions to disable the third party software and using the process monitor to verify the issue during the OS setup processing.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 02:18
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

You mean at the beginning of the MDT installation after clicking the Run the Deployment Wizard to install a new Operating System? Just like the figure below:

If not, could you please share a snapshot with us via SkyDrive here to clarify the issue?

Note: Please make sure the account is validated in ADUC.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 06:52
    Moderador
  • If you can recreate the issue, you may want to approach it two ways.  The first is disabling or removing 3rd party services one at a time which are interfering and tracking that down.  Alternatively, use tools like process monitor to identify issue.  Here is a blog from the Directory Services team about option #2

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2009/05/21/temporary-user-profiles-and-the-citrix-ica-client.aspx

Dave Guenthner [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. http://blogs.technet.com/b/davguents_blog

sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 10:34
  • Hi,

You mean at the beginning of the MDT installation after clicking the Run the Deployment Wizard to install a new Operating System? Just like the figure below:

If not, could you please share a snapshot with us via SkyDrive here to clarify the issue?

Note: Please make sure the account is validated in ADUC.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

Yeah I mean there. I use a valid network account and it that network account remains a temp profile when I login everytime. Other network accounts work fine
    sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 12:12
  • You mean there is only one Network Account affected? Other network accoutns work fine?

I think the issue could be related to the account settings on your server side. Based on the current situation, I think you need to use the Ldifde tool to export account setting from AD.

1. One is for the Affected Network Account;

2. The other one is for the Normal Network Account;

You could export two differnt accounts' settings as .txt file. Then you could compare the two different files. You will find something different included. So I think it could be checkpoint here.

For the detailed information about the Ldifde, you could refer to the link below:

Title: Ldifde

URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731033(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards,

James

James Xiong

segunda-feira, 19 de março de 2012 08:17
    Moderador
  • Hi,

Any Update?

James

James Xiong

quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 00:58
    Moderador
  • I think the problem is my windows 7 image. I using a windows 7 image with modified local security policy. I'm not sure what policy that would stop a network account from being created. I loaded another windows image without modified local security settings and the account worked fine.
    quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 02:08
  • Wow, glad to know the issue got fixed. Just like you mentioned, the issue could be related to the Windows 7 image.

Thanks for your time and notificaiton. Cool~~

Regards,

James

James Xiong

quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 02:10
    Moderador
  • Well its not exactly fixed yet. I still have to rebuild the image. I'm using MDT 2012 RC1. Would that be the problem? What local security policy would cause a network account to login with a temporary account?
    quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 02:13

So that's the reason why we need to export the affected Network account and normal Network account to find the differences between them.

I believe from the Lidife export file, we could find something interesting included. Right?

If not, please follow the Dave's suggestions to disable the third party software and using the process monitor to verify the issue during the OS setup processing.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 02:18
    Moderador