none
Win 2003 Server - Query the Catalog Question

Pergunta

• Hello,

I want to enter a query that will return ALL the files that are part of the index.  I've tried *.* or * and that doesn't do it. 

Thank you for your help!

sexta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2013 15:12

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• Thanks, but I was referring to the Indexing Service ...querying the catalog to determine what files have been indexed.
    sexta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2013 19:41
  • My question is still open if someone can take the time to actually HELP and not try and lecture other users on the content of their questions.

I'll repeat my question for those of you who are willing to help (and will provide some additional details):

I have a windows 2003 server.  I have new Windows 7 systems that I am trying to change the location of My Documents to their home drives. I keep getting errors stating the location is not indexed.  I want to confirm the folder and it's contents for each user are indexed. 

Via the "Computer Management\Services and Applications\Indexing servce\ query the catalog ..I want to know if there is a command that will return ALL THE FILES listed in the index.

Thanks.

segunda-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2013 18:25
  • Hi,

So the actual issue is "you get the error 'location is not indexed' when trying to change the location of My Documents to home folder".

Please check if this thread could help:

"This network location can't be included because it is not indexed." - error when connecting to indexed location on Windows Server 2003

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/thread/04bfc3eb-895f-4948-a6fd-7fc4645165a2

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

quarta-feira, 9 de janeiro de 2013 08:23
    Moderador