none
Windows 7 Backup Problem

Pergunta

• Hi,

I am facing an error when running windows 7 backup. The error from the event log just says:

"error code: 0x81000037. windows backup failed while trying to read from the shadow copy on one of the volumes being backed up."

This error occurs for certain files. I am using an external hard disk as the backup device and i am sure its perfectly ok.

Well to give more details, the issue started when i was trying to simply copy and paste a personal folder into the external hard disk. when i try to do so, windows explorer hangs and then i need to do a system restart. this happens on certain files only. i tried to rename the files and even defragmented the drive but still copy past won't work and the system sometimes gave blue screen.

Finally i tried the windows backup solution and faced the error stated above.

Any help is really appreciated as now i am stuck in a situation where i cannot get the data out of my laptop!

terça-feira, 14 de setembro de 2010 22:04

Todas as Respostas

• mhalabi,

Please zip together the .etl files you find under c:\windows\logs\windowsbackup and send the zip to sankalpm_AT_microsoft_DOT_com. I'll investigate and get back to you.

Thanks,

Sankalp

quarta-feira, 15 de setembro de 2010 11:10
    Moderador
  • thanks Sankalp for your response.

Just dropped you the email.

quarta-feira, 15 de setembro de 2010 11:46
  • I love how after over a year, nothing has happened.  In my thread, I got a response (from an apparent non-microsoftie) that a fix should be appearing in the next SP.  Why isn't there a KB to fix the backup problems?  Is Microsoft showing their arrogance by not having SOME kind of response to what a lot of people would call a critical function that they think the operating system says that they are providing?  I really don't care if it seems to be a small percentage of installed users are running into issues, how many users try it, find it failing, and just give up and go with a different solution?

I was thinking of participating highly in this site, and instead, I'm driven away and only come back after two years just to find that absolutely nothing has been done with crashing backups in those years.

I have to believe that this site has become a pretty worthless endeavor, at least for some of us looking for some kind of guidance.

domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 20:38