none
Server 2008 32bit (not R2) TS(RDS) became RDP 5.1

Pergunta

• Hi All

I've one server 2008 32bit server with installed TS service. 

First the RDP-TCP version was "Microsoft RDP 6.1". But one day I reboot this TS server then the RDP-TCP version became "Microsoft RDP 5.1"

Then I've re-installed TS service but it still keep on 5.1. 

Does anybody know why is that and how to upgrade to RDP 6.1 from TS configuration? 

Johnny_Yao

• Editado Johnny_YaoMVP quinta-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2012 08:57
    quinta-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2012 08:54

Respostas

• Hi,

If all the new RDP features works well,I believe the issue is that the description of the RDP-Tcp listener was not updated.  You may manually edit it by modifying the following registry value:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp

WdName     REG_SZ     Microsoft RDP 6.1

This issue can be occurred when upgrading to a new OS version or patching some hotfix thru the registry inadvertently, I generally prefer to install from scratch instead of upgrading to help avoid strange issues.

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marcado como Resposta Johnny_YaoMVP segunda-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2012 00:13
    sexta-feira, 7 de dezembro de 2012 03:11
    Moderador