none
MSXML 4 on Server Core

Вопрос

• Hi all,

Does anyone know whether MSXML 4.0 (any sp version) is supported / should install on Server 2008 R2 Core (or more specifically Windows Web Server 2008R2)?

We are experiencing DLL registration errors when attemping to install (same package works fine on 2008 R2 Full Installation).

Thanks,

Phil

31 января 2012 г. 11:24

Ответы

• Quick update,

Having tried to install the MSXML4 package on several 2008R2 Web (Core) Servers I have concluded that the package is not compatible with this OS edition.

Don't know if this is formally the case (maybe someone from MS can advise?) but I have tried several copies of the installer on different servers running this OS with the same error, so have reverted to a full installation for this web service.

• Помечено в качестве ответа phil_e 14 февраля 2012 г. 12:50
    14 февраля 2012 г. 12:50

Все ответы

• Hi,

How did you install the package?

Did you let the Windows Server 2008 R2 core to get updates itself? You can use sconfig console to install updates automatically.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

1 февраля 2012 г. 3:10
  • Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your reply.

However this is not a Windows Update issue.

Just trying to install the MSXML4 redistributable (required as a pre-requisite for a web site component) but getting DLL registration failure for c:\windows\syswow64\msxml4.dll.  So just trying to ascertain whether this component is expected to work/supported on 2008R2 Core?

It would appear that MSXML3 and 6 components are included with a vanilla Core installation...

Phil

1 февраля 2012 г. 9:30
  • Quick update,

Having tried to install the MSXML4 package on several 2008R2 Web (Core) Servers I have concluded that the package is not compatible with this OS edition.

Don't know if this is formally the case (maybe someone from MS can advise?) but I have tried several copies of the installer on different servers running this OS with the same error, so have reverted to a full installation for this web service.

• Помечено в качестве ответа phil_e 14 февраля 2012 г. 12:50
    14 февраля 2012 г. 12:50