none
WinRM service starts and immediately stops

Soru

• Hello,

I'm having troubles with configuring Windows Remote management on a windows server 2003 (standard edition, SP2, both R2 and none-R2 releases are giving problems).

In my test setup (win 2003 R2 SP2), things go fine.

I thought the webinterface of eTrust/PestPatrol might have been the issue, but it installs just fine on my test setup and WinRM still starts just fine after a reboot.

When executing winrm qc, I get the following faults:

WinRM is not set up to receive requests on this machine.
    The following changes must be made:

Start the WinRM service.

Make these changes [y/n]? y

WinRM has been updated to receive requests.

WinRM service started.
    WSManFault
        Message = The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error number:  -2144108526 0x80338012
    The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

I'm guessing this is because the WinRM service starts but always immediately stops right after it started.

On execution of the enable-psremoting command, the following happens:

WinRM Quick Configuration
    Running command "Set-WSManQuickConfig" to enable this machine for remote management through WinRM service.
     This includes:
        1. Starting or restarting (if already started) the WinRM service
        2. Setting the WinRM service type to auto start
        3. Creating a listener to accept requests on any IP address
        4. Enabling firewall exception for WS-Management traffic (for http only).

Do you want to continue?
    [Y] Yes  [A] Yes to All  [N] No  [L] No to All  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "Y"): y
    WinRM has been updated to receive requests.
    WinRM service started.

Set-WSManQuickConfig : <f:WSManFault xmlns:f="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wsmanfault" Code="2150858770" Machine="servername.domainname"><f:Message>The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig". </f:Message></f:WSManFault>
    At line:50 char:33
    +             Set-WSManQuickConfig <<<<  -force
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Set-WSManQuickConfig], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WsManError,Microsoft.WSMan.Management.SetWSManQuickConfigCommand

I've been searching the internet for 2 days, but still haven't found a working solution.

I hope someone here can help me out...

22 Mart 2010 Pazartesi 16:05

Yanıtlar

• Think I found the problem with Arcserve Backup.

When this isn't installed, the winrm service starts normally, although I still can't restart it. It only starts on a clean boot, but that's the least of my problems, it works :-)

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen bbackx 02 Nisan 2010 Cuma 11:51
    02 Nisan 2010 Cuma 11:51

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Think I found the problem with Arcserve Backup.

When this isn't installed, the winrm service starts normally, although I still can't restart it. It only starts on a clean boot, but that's the least of my problems, it works :-)

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen bbackx 02 Nisan 2010 Cuma 11:51
    02 Nisan 2010 Cuma 11:51
  • Have you found any other solution than uninstalling ARCserve? I have two W2K3R2 machines with Exchange 2003 and the ARCserve Backup Agent (r15) installed and I encounter exactly the same problem. The WinRM service stops immediately when I try to start it. This happens on both systems. Since I need the ARCserve Agent for backing up the machines I can't just remove it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16 Şubat 2012 Perşembe 11:45