none
FPP license

Soru

• Dear Sir,

Can you clarify me between FPP License & Volume License? I have more than 10 PC. I want to buy license which is better for me why?

Regards

Chandrakant

24 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe 16:48

Yanıtlar

• I'm not sure that this is in the correct forum?

If you buy a PC that comes pre-installed with Windows then there's no need to buy a license, unless it's the wrong "flavour" (Home Premium instead of Professional etc.). For a volume license you need a minimum of 5 users to qualify. If you choose to add Software Assurance you can spread your payments over 3 years. During your 3 year period, if a new version of the software you have on SA is released you will automatically receive that new version. FPP Licensing does not qualify for SA.

You can read more here:

https://partner.microsoft.com/global/licensing/licensingprograms

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Tiger Li 28 Mayıs 2012 Pazartesi 06:13
    25 Mayıs 2012 Cuma 05:33
  • Hi Chandrakant,

Thanks for posting here.

For license question ,we suggest contact Microsoft Volume Licensing Center directly in order to get the responses and explanations:

In the United States, call (800) 426-9400, or locate a reseller near you.

In Canada, call the Microsoft Resource Centre at (877) 568-2495.

Outside the United States and Canada, visit Microsoft Volume Licensing Worldwide.

Hope it helps.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

28 Mayıs 2012 Pazartesi 06:13

Tüm Yanıtlar

• I'm not sure that this is in the correct forum?

If you buy a PC that comes pre-installed with Windows then there's no need to buy a license, unless it's the wrong "flavour" (Home Premium instead of Professional etc.). For a volume license you need a minimum of 5 users to qualify. If you choose to add Software Assurance you can spread your payments over 3 years. During your 3 year period, if a new version of the software you have on SA is released you will automatically receive that new version. FPP Licensing does not qualify for SA.

You can read more here:

https://partner.microsoft.com/global/licensing/licensingprograms

25 Mayıs 2012 Cuma 05:33
  • Hi Chandrakant,

Thanks for posting here.

For license question ,we suggest contact Microsoft Volume Licensing Center directly in order to get the responses and explanations:

In the United States, call (800) 426-9400, or locate a reseller near you.

In Canada, call the Microsoft Resource Centre at (877) 568-2495.

Outside the United States and Canada, visit Microsoft Volume Licensing Worldwide.

Hope it helps.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

28 Mayıs 2012 Pazartesi 06:13