none
WSUS Info Update out of Screen or frame

Soru

• Hi, I have a problem when I select any update file from MMC of WSUS, when I try to the see de Info (date more specificly) this go out from the frame, don't happens with  other files. Always this info is moving to the left (good position) or right (I can't see details of date).

I attached a couple of examples (screen shot).

This is a Spanish version of Windows 2008R2.

I have all Update applied to the server.
    Any idea Why?

18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 17:10

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi,

That’s really odd issue that I never seen before.

You can use WSUS Administration Console from other server or install WSUS Administration Console on a client, then use the Administrative Console to connect that issue WSUS server. Check whether this issue happens on other console.

If the issue only happens on the Spanish version of Windows 2008R2 server, you may try to reinstall WSUS Administrative Console.

For more information please refer to following MS articles:

Install the WSUS 3.0 Administration Console
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc720498(v=WS.10).aspx
    Install the WSUS 3.0 SP2 Administration Console
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939875(v=WS.10).aspx

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

19 Haziran 2012 Salı 05:37
    Moderatör
  • In the English version(from Windows 2008R2 Server console) this don't happen?, I mean, you can view the info (date, critical, version) of update file and scroll down (passing one by one) and the frame dont move to left or right?. The console administration it's only English.

It's possible open a case to fix this issue in Spanish version?

In my Windows 7Sp1 x64 Spanish version the WSUS Administration Console work fine, after to install it.

But , How can I install on the server? because If I try to run WSUS30-KB972455-x64.exe only show a windows to unistall WSUS not for repair or reinstall console administration options.

I tried  too to run from cmd (administrator) and nothing happen, because when I open it (WSUS console) I get the same error.

Thanks

19 Haziran 2012 Salı 14:25
  • Maybe there are to something to solve or fix, because the WSUS console, from Server administration page have inconsistence. I have 2 screen shot to see the updates clasification tree, but only when I use the WSUS Console this show all items, the other way (administration of server) only show 4 items.

Tell me if this issue can be managed from this post or maybe I must to do it into new one

Here the screen shot

19 Haziran 2012 Salı 14:48
  • Hi,

> Maybe there are to something to solve or fix, because the WSUS console, from Server administration page
    > have inconsistence.

Maybe this is by design, I can reproduce your issue in my test, I think it’s default status of WSUS Administration Console.

In the Administration Console which only display 4 classifications, in “Products and Classifications” option, uncheck “All Classifications”, apply the setting then check “All Classifications”, apply the setting. It will display all classifications.

Lawrence

20 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba 06:43
    Moderatör
  • Hi,

> In the English version(from Windows 2008R2 Server console) this don't happen?, I mean, you can view the
    > info (date, critical, version) of update file and scroll down (passing one by one) and the frame dont move
    > to left or right?. The console administration it's only English.

Do you mean when you change language to English on the same Windows 2008 R2 WSUS server, this issue disappear? Or use English version WSUS administration console connect to WSUS, issue disappear?

> In my Windows 7Sp1 x64 Spanish version the WSUS Administration Console work fine, after to install it.

Since it’s OK in Spanish version in Windows 7, so I think it’s not related to language version.

You may try to reinstall .Net Framework on the server and check the result.

Lawrence

20 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba 07:17
    Moderatör
  • In the Administration Console which only display 4 classifications, in “Products and Classifications” option, uncheck “All Classifications”, apply the setting then check “All Classifications”, apply the setting. It will display all classifications.

Can't I unselect all clasification from Administration Console view, because the windows changes the color, like a error, then I do the following, I let only first four item, I apply this change, I mean unselect all less first 4 option and in the left frame show only 4 item, later I select all option and I clic to apply, now the left frame show all Items, but when I close the Administration Console, and reopen it  again shows only 4 Items. This not happen with WSUS Console.

21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 14:10
  • Do you mean when you change language to English on the same Windows 2008 R2 WSUS server, this issue disappear? Or use English version WSUS administration console connect to WSUS, issue disappear?

No, I mean if in your installation shows the same behavior.
    If you have Windows 2008R2 in your language (English clearly) this type of problem occurs in your edition?

Last, How and What .Net Framework I must to reinstall? I have 3.5.1 enabled and 4.0 installed, all patch download from Windows Update.

Thanks again.

21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 14:22
  • I made a video for see the WSUS items problems.

http://youtu.be/Vv50XLFkxtQ

21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 15:59
  • I made a video for see the WSUS items problems.

http://youtu.be/Vv50XLFkxtQ

Hi,

I can reproduce this issue in my test environment, but I can’t find related information from MS website.

I’ll report this issue to MS product team.

Lawrence

25 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 08:51
    Moderatör
  • Ok, thanks.

And don't forget to include the info of the first screenshot, the info that move out of the frame.

25 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 13:28
  • Hi, Could you update this post please.

I need to know if something happens.

Thanks

06 Temmuz 2012 Cuma 18:11