none
Cannot open ANY Powershell Console (.psc1) files.

Soru

• I initially discovered this after a fresh installation of Server 2008 R2 x64 and Exchange 2007 SP3 - when trying to run the Exchange Management Shell I would get an: "Internal Windows PowerShell error.  COM initialization failed while reading Windows PowerShell console file with error 80010106." error message.

However, if I open Powershell and simply do an "export-console .\test.psc1" and then try to open test.psc1 I get exactly the same error message which makes me believe it is more Powershall than Exchange related.

Not sure how to tackle this one as Powershell comes with Server 2008 R2 - is it possible to re-install Powershell? Will doing so break Exchange 2007? Anyone seen this before? I tried googling the error message but doesn't seem to be widespread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 15:25

Yanıtlar

• Tried logging on as a different Domain Administrator and it worked fine. Logged back on as Administrator and it failed. To rule out permission issue I removed the Administrator profile from the usual 'ProfileList' key and renamed the Administrator profile folder at c:\users\administrator.. logged on as Administrator and it now works perfectly.

Absolutely no idea what caused this issue in the first place, this is a fresh Server 2008 R2 x64 install, all I had done was install Symantec Backup Exec 12 and Exchange 2007 SP3 - nothing else! Ah well.. at least this may save other people the hassle of troubleshooting in the future.. just try a fresh profile / different Domain Admin.

Update - 17:15 - Heh - spoken too soon!! It opened fine the first time.. but won't open again.. this is begining to irritate! Now what did I change.. wasn't anything but some cosmetics o_O

Update - 17:18 - And there we go... cause found. If you change the 'Number of recent items to display in jump lists' to 0 under the Start Menu Properties / Customize it will cause the Windows Powershell to fail to open with the COM initialization error message. A ridiculous issue but I can reproduce the problem by changing it to 0 and then back to 10.. works / fails every time.

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen vexation 05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 16:12
    • Yanıt İşaretini Geri Alan vexation 05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 16:15
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen vexation 05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 16:20
    05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 16:12

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Tried logging on as a different Domain Administrator and it worked fine. Logged back on as Administrator and it failed. To rule out permission issue I removed the Administrator profile from the usual 'ProfileList' key and renamed the Administrator profile folder at c:\users\administrator.. logged on as Administrator and it now works perfectly.

Absolutely no idea what caused this issue in the first place, this is a fresh Server 2008 R2 x64 install, all I had done was install Symantec Backup Exec 12 and Exchange 2007 SP3 - nothing else! Ah well.. at least this may save other people the hassle of troubleshooting in the future.. just try a fresh profile / different Domain Admin.

Update - 17:15 - Heh - spoken too soon!! It opened fine the first time.. but won't open again.. this is begining to irritate! Now what did I change.. wasn't anything but some cosmetics o_O

Update - 17:18 - And there we go... cause found. If you change the 'Number of recent items to display in jump lists' to 0 under the Start Menu Properties / Customize it will cause the Windows Powershell to fail to open with the COM initialization error message. A ridiculous issue but I can reproduce the problem by changing it to 0 and then back to 10.. works / fails every time.

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen vexation 05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 16:12
    • Yanıt İşaretini Geri Alan vexation 05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 16:15
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen vexation 05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 16:20
    05 Eylül 2010 Pazar 16:12
  • Same issue,

when opening the System Center Operationsmanager 2007 Console, it shows Error 8001106, after changing the 'Number of recent items to display in jump lists' from 2 to 10 it worked again.

Thanks for sharing

25 Haziran 2013 Salı 06:58