none
Server Default Profile Color Issues

问题

• Hi,

I have a 2003 Terminal Server that is imaged on a Virtual Server, When connecting to it as a user the default profile is showing up with a black desktop where you cant see anything you open, and the start bar looks a little different. Here is an image:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3899/96978670.png

I did some changes to this specific users registry based off some websites I found to make changes to the HKey_Users/SID/Control Panel Colors:

"ActiveBorder"="212 208 200"
    "ActiveTitle"="0 84 227"
    "AppWorkSpace"="128 128 128"
    "Background"="0 78 152"
    "ButtonAlternateFace"="181 181 181"
    "ButtonDkShadow"="113 111 100"
    "ButtonFace"="236 233 216"
    "ButtonHilight"="255 255 255"
    "ButtonLight"="241 239 226"
    "ButtonShadow"="172 168 153"
    "ButtonText"="0 0 0"
    "GradientActiveTitle"="61 149 255"
    etc...

But when I logged on as the user again, it was still the same. Rechecking the registry everything had gone back to having values of 0 0 0

Has anyone had any experiences with this kind of problems with user profiles?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

2012年2月16日 17:13

全部回复

• Hi Chris,

Thank you for your post.

If the issue occurs to only this user, please rename the user profile folder and create new profile according to KB811151.
    If the issue occurs to all users, please try KB906510, reinstall video card drivers, free up system drive space if it's full.  

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

2012年2月17日 2:38
    版主
  • Hi Chris,

I had same issue  but it was a bit different in the way that Login screen was completely Black and was unable to see anything on the login window.

As per a MS Article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906510,

I exported Key HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Colors from a working machine and imported it in the infected/Non Working machine.

It resolved the issue. Hope this helps.

MCSE Certified

2012年2月17日 7:17
  • Hi Rick,

I am not sure if the first solution is exactly what we are having happen. The black desktop as shown in the image in my first post will appear for any new users that we set up. Those of us who have been here a while dont have the issue. But these are users who are logging into a Terminal Server with Active Directory Credentials, so we are not creating new users the way the KB article suggests to.

The second one doesnt really apply to us either as the login screen itself is fine, its once you log in that the issue is occuring.

We have also changed the Default Profile to be the correct color values, but it just doesnt seem to take them when a user logs in and the profile is first created, almost like it is loading them from some other location.

Thanks,

Chris

2012年2月20日 17:13
  • Hi Chris,

Please verify the user profile type is local in server system properties. I guess you have set some mandatory profile policy for these remote users.

Regards

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

2012年2月21日 8:13
    版主
  • Hi Rick,

Sorry for the late reply, I double checked and the profile is indeed set as a Local profile type.

Chris

2012年2月23日 16:37