none
How to build my IT Infrastructure with AD HyperV or not ??

问题

• I have 2 servers with windows 2008 R2 HyperV, well that one of them set with the Forest Root Domain and virtualize the rest of the domain controllers and other application servers, Exchange and Lync, or virtualized Forest Root Domain also (first Active Directory Server 2008)??? Thank you.

Diego.

2012年6月8日 16:27

答案

• Here's a great article to start with when you start considering virtualizing you AD infrastructure.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888794

For my lab environments, I will often create two domain controllers as VMs.  If I have a clustered lab, I will make sure that the DCs are configured on local storage - not shared storage.  The above article explains the issues with this.  For production, unless it was a very small environment, I would try to keep my DCs someplace else.

timcerl

2012年6月8日 18:53
  • Hi!

The official recommendation is to have one DC with all important roles on a physical server, and not installed at host level on a Hyper-V server.

Although practictally, since you don't seem to have any Hyper-V clusters, you can have one virtual DC on each host. Do not enable additional roles running besides Hyper-V, that is generally bad-practice performance-wise. 

2012年6月8日 18:54

全部回复

• Here's a great article to start with when you start considering virtualizing you AD infrastructure.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888794

For my lab environments, I will often create two domain controllers as VMs.  If I have a clustered lab, I will make sure that the DCs are configured on local storage - not shared storage.  The above article explains the issues with this.  For production, unless it was a very small environment, I would try to keep my DCs someplace else.

timcerl

2012年6月8日 18:53
  • Hi!

The official recommendation is to have one DC with all important roles on a physical server, and not installed at host level on a Hyper-V server.

Although practictally, since you don't seem to have any Hyper-V clusters, you can have one virtual DC on each host. Do not enable additional roles running besides Hyper-V, that is generally bad-practice performance-wise. 

2012年6月8日 18:54