none
Hyper-V Automated Failover

问题

• I am unable to locate more information on Hyper-V Cluster configuration on hot spare or fail-over priorities.

I have four hyper-v server in a cluster using iSCSI back end.   VM can failover manually without issues.

Today, one of the cluster server failed and VM automatically failed over to a server that does not have the resources to handle all the VMs.  However, I had a Hyper-V server in the cluster with no VMs running but nothing failed over to it.

It looks like the cluster doesn't know which server have resources and which don't or there are settings I am not seeing.    The extra Hyper-V without any VMs running is a hot standby for situations just like this but it failed to function as I was expecting.

Any help in configuring the proper hot spare Hyper-V would be greatly appreicated.

• 已移动 BrianEhMVP 2012年3月23日 18:56 (From:Hyper-V)
    2012年3月23日 18:30

答案

• you need to work with SCOM and import the hyper-v pro pack into it
    SCOM is used to monitor your servers (capacity) and place the VM's accordingly when fail-over is needed

2012年3月23日 19:03

全部回复

• you need to work with SCOM and import the hyper-v pro pack into it
    SCOM is used to monitor your servers (capacity) and place the VM's accordingly when fail-over is needed

2012年3月23日 19:03
  •  SCOM if you need that level of sophistication.  Otherwise you can muck with possible owners and preferred owners, just like any other cluster resource.

2012年3月25日 3:47