none
copy sid from local user account to a domain account

問題

• i've got an old file server which is a member of a workgroup, where we have created local user accounts and passwords to match their AD account.

We need to move the data to a new server and make that server part of the domain.

is it possible to extract the sid from the local user account toi their AD account so users can continue to access data seamlessley without me having to re-permission everything.

Denis Cooper MCITP EA - MCT

2012年3月16日 上午 09:11

解答

• Hi,

I have an idea which may help, though it still need some time to perform.

As we can output the security permission with command "icacls <folder> /save", we can save the permission as a TXT file.

Then we can replace the SID of local account with the SID of domain account with "replace" in Notepad (or Word).

If all user accounts are replaced correctly, it should still work when we restore the permission settings.

Note: Though "/substitute" should be an easier method, it may not be properly applied on subfolders. You can first have a try with it before manually replacing SID in TXT file.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 已標示為解答 Denis Cooper 2012年3月20日 上午 09:26
    2012年3月19日 上午 09:02
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi,

I have an idea which may help, though it still need some time to perform.

As we can output the security permission with command "icacls <folder> /save", we can save the permission as a TXT file.

Then we can replace the SID of local account with the SID of domain account with "replace" in Notepad (or Word).

If all user accounts are replaced correctly, it should still work when we restore the permission settings.

Note: Though "/substitute" should be an easier method, it may not be properly applied on subfolders. You can first have a try with it before manually replacing SID in TXT file.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 已標示為解答 Denis Cooper 2012年3月20日 上午 09:26
    2012年3月19日 上午 09:02
    版主
  • How are thing going? Please let us know if there is anything further we could help.

2012年3月20日 上午 05:46
    版主