none
Domain

問題

• What is domain and might having one solve my problem intstead of specifying a local user?  

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月24日 下午 03:40

解答

• Hi,

I would like to confirm that do you have any administrator account can be used to log onto the server with the correct password now?

If not, you may need to reinstall the operating system. To enable built-in administrator, you will also need an administrator account to do so.

Microsoft does not support to crack the password. Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

2012年2月28日 上午 05:24

所有回覆

• What is Active Directory:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa746492(v=vs.85).aspx

Active Directory Domain Services:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa362244(v=vs.85).aspx

As to your question about your problem, can you specify what problem you are encountering that is making you question if you need a domain?

2012年2月24日 下午 04:44
  • Thank you kindly.

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月24日 下午 08:49
  • Does that answer your question or can I help you any further?
    2012年2月24日 下午 09:02
  • My problem is probably not-so-technical.  I can only find a user account on my Windows Server 2008 R2.  That account cannot access installed programs, Control Panel or Windows Server account features.  I am basically looking to take my Windows Server 2008 from it current sole user account to having an account that can access installed program features and said account features.  Often, I feel like I'm searching for an elephant with a microscope in too technical a forums.  Windows Server and Microsoft Answers forums have been suggested.  Thank you for what you've done.        

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月24日 下午 09:23
  • So what you are looking for is a way to get administrative access to your server. Windows Server comes with an administrative account by default, so unless you lost the password there should be no reason why you could not use that account to access the features you are looking for.

Here are some things you can try:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type CMD and press enter
    • In the windows that opens type the following commands
    • Type echo %user% and press enter, this will show the user which you are currently logged in with
    • Type net user and press enter, this will show you the user accounts available to you on this computer

If you still cannot find an account you can use to logon to your server you can use alternative, non-supported methods (hacking) to gain access to your server. Which are discussed here:

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Or you could reinstall the server, which is easier depending on how much is currently stored/running on it.

2012年2月24日 下午 10:20
  • I have my passwords.  The first command met with "echo%user% is not recognized as an internal or external command."  Net user got Administrator, Guest, Liz. (Liz is my name for something.)      

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月25日 上午 12:34
  • Okay so if you type the following, do you also see your account, Liz, in there:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type CMD and press enter
    • Type net localgroup administrators

That should list all the account that are local administrators.

2012年2月25日 上午 06:54
  • It does then list Liz alone, identifying and naming my local administrator.  Nonetheless, I logon with H. Elizabeth Plunkett, which is a user account.  Does knowing my local administrator account by name start me towards managing accounts and accessing Server Manager Administrative Tools and installed programs?       

Stephen W Plunkett

• 已編輯 splunkett1 2012年2月25日 下午 02:33
    2012年2月25日 下午 02:05
  • If for example execute the following steps what happens for you:

• Press WIN + R
    • Type: compmgmt.msc
    • Press Enter

Are you able to access this console?

2012年2月26日 上午 11:35
  • I certainly am, and don't appear locked out. 

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 02:14
  • I can also access this from my Administrative Tools.

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 02:15
  • Okay, you can use compmgmt.msc to create new user accounts and you can also assign rights to those accounts. So if for example you would like to give an account more rights you could add them to the Administrators group so they can also access Server Manager and manage installed programs. Here is an article with the local groups available to you and the rights assigned to it by default:

Default local groups

2012年2月26日 下午 02:42
  • Great!  Unfortunately my administrator account keeps coming up as disabled, and "access denied' when I attempt ro enable it.

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 03:42
  • If we can get my primary user account administrator priveliges, I think we're on jump street!

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 03:44
  • You do not have to enable the administrator account, what you can do is click your primary user account. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key
    • Type compmgmt.msc
    • Press enter
    • Navigate to: Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users
    • Right click the account you wish to make an administrator (eg. Liz)
    • Click Properties
    • Click on the Member Of tab
    • Click Add
    • Type Administrators
    • Click OK
    • Click OK

You have now given an account Administrative privileges

2012年2月26日 下午 03:54
  • To perhaps frame this question in simplest terms, can I add the account named Liz, full name H. Elizabeth Plunkett, description primary user to the administrator accounts.  There is a tool for just this.  If I add the right word/words and the computer doesn't lock me out, I'll bet we're done.     

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 03:56
  • Unfortunately, it did.  Security neither allows me to add Liz to administrator acounts, nor adminstrator accounts to Liz.

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 04:51
  • Then you are currently not logged in as an administrator because as an administrator you should be able to add a user to the administrators group. And yes there is also a simple command to add a user to the group that would be:

net localgroup administrators add liz

But you will run in to the same issue as you are experiencing now, you need to be an admin to make someone an admin.

2012年2月26日 下午 05:05
  • Is there some way of making primary users administrators, perhaps switching from primary user over to  administrator?

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 05:06
  • The only way to make someone an administrator is by having access to an account that is an administrator. If any user would be able to elevate themselves to be an administrator that would not be very secure...

So unless you have access to an administrative account the things you are trying to achieve are impossible.

2012年2月26日 下午 05:18
  • Baby-and-how, I suspect.  I have the password for my built-in administrator, but the properties box keeps showing it as disabled.  My toolbox seems to be a logon that displays primary user account only and the built-in administrator account password.  Is there a way that I, with the primary user account, built-in administrator acount password armed, can access the built-in administrator account?       

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 05:55
  • Okay can you verify which users are a member of the administrators group by doing this:

Press the Windows key
    Type compmgmt.msc
    Press enter
    Navigate to: Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Groups
    Double click on Administrators

If you do not have an account in there besides the administrator account then the administrator account is your only option. What you can do then, is use the following guide to start the compmgmt.msc console with the Administrative credentials you have available. Steps are described in the knowledge base article:

HOW TO: Use the RUN AS Command to Start a Program as an Administrator in Windows XP

Although the KB is written for XP this works the same in Windows Server / Windows 7.
    2012年2月26日 下午 06:08
  • If I get to Computer Management from Administrative Tools, and right-click it with the shift key down, it gives a list of options, including run as administrator and run as different user.  Am I getting somewhere?

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 08:16
  • That is correct, use the 'Run as Different User' and enter the username and password with administrative privileges.
    2012年2月26日 下午 08:27
  • The box isn't large enough to accommodate the built-in adminisitrator password.  When you think I should reinstall Windows server 2008 R2, let me know.  Mind you, this is a 180 trial.

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 09:03
  • You can continue on filling in the password even when the password box appears to be completely full. 

As for reinstalling, you do not have to reinstall, as soon as you decide you want to continue with the product you can buy a serial key and you can continue on using Windows Server.

2012年2月26日 下午 09:14
  • It hasn't let me in after six tries.  I use Administrator as user name.  Is that correct?      

Stephen W Plunkett

2012年2月26日 下午 09:22
  • Earlier you said it yourself, the administrator account is disabled. If the account is disabled then you cannot use that to logon or run programs as.

2012年2月27日 上午 06:39
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm that do you have any administrator account can be used to log onto the server with the correct password now?

If not, you may need to reinstall the operating system. To enable built-in administrator, you will also need an administrator account to do so.

Microsoft does not support to crack the password. Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

2012年2月28日 上午 05:24