none
Export Configuration

问题

• Is it possible to export a Workflow for an MPR or a file to be imported in another environment?

Another question, if I export server configuration in synchronization service in my development environment, I can import approval in my environment without errors?

thank you

2012年6月1日 19:41

答案

• It is possible to export configuration information from one FIM Service and then import into another.  See Forefront Identify Manager Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell and the Configuration Migration Deployment Guide.

I'm not sure there's a way to transfer approval information from one environment to another, however.  You may be able to export the objects created or updated after approvals are given, but I don't think that would capture the approvals themselves.  That definitely would not be captured in the exported Server Configuration of the synchronization service, since approvals are a feature of the FIM Service (not Sync Service).

Chris

2012年6月1日 21:12
  • You can migrate objects between FIM environments.
    See the Configuration Migration Deployment Guide for more details on this and the FIM ScriptBox for examples.

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation

2012年6月1日 21:46
  • Actually if You are starting with this I would advise You to spend some extra time and building for yourself a framework on top of Powershell to build deployments scripts using powershell and not migrate the configurations. Over a time this proven to be much better approach and it requires not that much efforts right now as we have excelent community powershell libraries on Codeplex- like this one:

http://fimpowershellmodule.codeplex.com/

Using these functions you can easily build a powershell script which will build a configuration for You. At least after dozens of FIM deployments (and being evangelized from time to time by strange guy named Craig ;) )  by over last years this is my preferred way of doing this :).

2012年6月3日 13:43

全部回复

• It is possible to export configuration information from one FIM Service and then import into another.  See Forefront Identify Manager Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell and the Configuration Migration Deployment Guide.

I'm not sure there's a way to transfer approval information from one environment to another, however.  You may be able to export the objects created or updated after approvals are given, but I don't think that would capture the approvals themselves.  That definitely would not be captured in the exported Server Configuration of the synchronization service, since approvals are a feature of the FIM Service (not Sync Service).

Chris

2012年6月1日 21:12
  • You can migrate objects between FIM environments.
    See the Configuration Migration Deployment Guide for more details on this and the FIM ScriptBox for examples.

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation

2012年6月1日 21:46
  • Actually if You are starting with this I would advise You to spend some extra time and building for yourself a framework on top of Powershell to build deployments scripts using powershell and not migrate the configurations. Over a time this proven to be much better approach and it requires not that much efforts right now as we have excelent community powershell libraries on Codeplex- like this one:

http://fimpowershellmodule.codeplex.com/

Using these functions you can easily build a powershell script which will build a configuration for You. At least after dozens of FIM deployments (and being evangelized from time to time by strange guy named Craig ;) )  by over last years this is my preferred way of doing this :).

2012年6月3日 13:43
  • Thanks for the help.
    In my case I needed to delete the AD-MA and recreate it, but do not want to have to recreate SyncRules. So, using the tips that you guys gave, I did the following:

In PowerShell Server Portal'
    PS>
    Add-PSSnapin ‘FIMAutomation’
    PS> $exportPath = "Desktop/Scripts"
    PS> $syncRules = Export-FIMConfig -uri http://srv-fim-03:5725/ResourceManagementService -customConfig "/SynchronizationRule[contains(DisplayName,'SR-AD')]"

PS> $syncRules | ConvertFrom-FIMResource -file "$exportPath/syncRules.xml"

-Delete the SyncRules AD
    -Synchronize FIM-MA, AD-MA
    -Delete AD-MA
    -Create AD-MA
    -Synchronize FIM-MA, AD-MA

PS> $syncRules = ConvertTo-FIMResource -file "$exportPath/syncRules.xml"
    PS> $syncRulesNew = Export-FIMConfig -uri http://srv-fim-03:5725/ResourceManagementService -customConfig "/SynchronizationRule[contains(DisplayName,'SR-AD')]"

PS> $matches =  Join-FIMConfig -source $syncRules -target $syncRulesNew -defaultJoin "DisplayName"
    PS> $imports = $matches |  Compare-FIMConfig
    PS> $imports |  ConvertFrom-FIMResource -file "$exportPath/imports.xml"
    PS> $UndoneImports = $imports |  Import-FIMConfig  -uri http://srv-fim-03:5725/ResourceManagementService

-Synchronize FIM-MAAD-MA

-Add SyncRules in the old Workflows.

2012年6月6日 16:57