none
issue with viewsonic monitor VA1918wm

问题

• i have recently bought a new 19 inch monitor and when i try to get work on vista or windows 7 i can't get the maximum resolution, ie 1440 X 900.

however i can see at a lower resolution like in safe mode. also wen i try to install the driver for my geforce fx5500, it install properly but wen i reboot the pc, it does not load, it just say starting windows... i have installed the latest driver for my graphic card. and i did find way to install the hardware. luckily for me after installatiion of windows 7 the pc boots with a lower resolution, and hence i can install the inf files provided from my viewsonic monitor. then i can get it work. will microsoft include such inf for monitors like mine?? in vista its getting impossible to instyall the operationg system because of my monitor. i used a 17 inch monitor and it worked fine without installing any drivers. any help how i can get it work without complications on vista and windoes 7. since i can';t boot in vista i can't install the inf files. thats sucks
    2009年1月16日 7:11

答案

• i knw they stopped making drivers for this graphic card but the thing is when i used it on my friends pc, who has geforce fx 5200 it worked on fine on his pc running vista. that sucks u knw. and both uses the same driver. at the moment i am using it at max resolution. it took me abt 4 hours to get it working but only on windows 7, windows vista installation freezes at a point when windows adjust the screen resolution.  it would truly suck when the beta of win 7 expires and i will have to go back to vista. wonder how i will make it work. and i doubt nvidia will make any more drivers ofr fx series, it sucks.
    2009年1月16日 11:26

全部回复

• Hi Fardeen, you probably don't need any drivers for your monitor - but the problem with your graphics card drivers is stopping it outputting at 1440x900 which is used by your monitor.

The issue seems to be that nVidia stopped developed on Vista drivers for your card in October 2006 - I can't find a more recent version - which was before Vista was launched - and I know their drivers were pretty flaky back then.
    2009年1月16日 7:47
  • i knw they stopped making drivers for this graphic card but the thing is when i used it on my friends pc, who has geforce fx 5200 it worked on fine on his pc running vista. that sucks u knw. and both uses the same driver. at the moment i am using it at max resolution. it took me abt 4 hours to get it working but only on windows 7, windows vista installation freezes at a point when windows adjust the screen resolution.  it would truly suck when the beta of win 7 expires and i will have to go back to vista. wonder how i will make it work. and i doubt nvidia will make any more drivers ofr fx series, it sucks.
    2009年1月16日 11:26