How do I refresh my hotmail?

问题

• My Hotmail box does not retrieve new mail into my inbox when I click on the mail tile all the mail in the inbox is old. How do I refresh to retrieve new mail?

2012年3月3日 12:04

答案

• You can invoke a sync manually by bringing up the app bar (by right-clicking or win+z) and clicking sync.
    2012年3月4日 10:43

全部回复

• You can invoke a sync manually by bringing up the app bar (by right-clicking or win+z) and clicking sync.
    2012年3月4日 10:43
  • I don't know if somebody from MS will read this, but the courier application ATM is really buggy.

On Windows Phone, you get push notification whenever you get an email and on the metro tile, it prints the number of unread mail since the last time you started the mail application.

On the CP, I have no push notification. I though that the mail apps would use the "notification" system along with live tile, but for now it doesn't work.

It looks like you have to manually start the application once after each reboot in order to enable the live tile, and there are still no notification at all when receiving a new mail.

So the overall experience feels really dumb. It's really fine on WP, you don't have to start the application manually after each reboot of the phone, and you get the notification (sound) whenever you are using your phone or not. On the CP, you don't have any notification and it's unclear how the live tile is being activated or not.

Is it because the courier apps is suspended when being in the background? Which stops it to get push notification? Hopefully you'll be able to fix it really soon.

2012年3月4日 12:05
  • I don't understand this answer. When I right click, there is no « App Bar » in IE9 (only Menu, Favorites, Command, Status, Bing) And, I do not see « Sync » listed under any of them. --- The manual Refresh works to get my Hotmail, but this is such a nuisance I don't have with Chrome. --- Your Win+Z command does nothing at all for me. --- What exactly should I be doing to get my mail to refresh in IE9 that isn't required in Chrome?
    2012年10月1日 14:32
  • ebbytide,

Did you ever get this worked out?  My email suddenly doesn't retrieve automatically.  I don't know how this nutty company (Microsoft) stays in business.

God Bless, Mark A. Sam The Bible promises there will be NO computers in Heaven: Revelation 21:4

2013年1月31日 11:49