none
Wiki problems

问题

• We recently upgraded from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010.  The site included SSRS reports and PerformancePoint dashboards, Designer workflows, and an InfoPath product called Qdabra -- so I'd say a lot of stuff.  All migrated/works great except the Wiki pages.  Not sure how to describe it, but here are a couple of anecdotes:  changing the font size of a sentence takes 10 to 15 seconds and can freeze up the desktop while it is working.  Copying and pasting exremely slow.  Sometimes it is hard to get the font sizes to change at all.  In short, it is liking using Notepad and waiting 5 seconds between each keystroke, with the whole page going grey, apparently, while the Wiki editor is thinking.  Here's another one:  hold down the shift key and hit the down arrow a couple of times, and 10 to 15 lines ABOVE the cursor gets highlighted.

So in short my question is, is the real world solution here just to somehow cut-and-paste from the 2007 Wiki into a new 2010 Wiki?  Thanks.

2012年6月22日 16:40

答案

• Hello Bob,

I need to know something more on this and some tricks to check.

1. Which Browser you are using to check it? [Verify on IE, Mozilla and Chrome]
    2. After migration have you checked that CSS to support display mode and edit mode of wiki page of Sharepoint 2010 is newly available in style library? [Compare with OOTB wiki page layout of sharepoint 2010]
    3. Investigate the customization of Wiki Page layouts if done.
    4. Is there any javascript error occured.
    5. Please enable dashboard and check again.
    6. User Fiddler tool Investigate the request process.

I think there is some problem with Wiki page content editor control that supports rich html also.

Hope this helps.

-Saumil

2012年6月23日 8:59

全部回复

• Hello Bob,

I need to know something more on this and some tricks to check.

1. Which Browser you are using to check it? [Verify on IE, Mozilla and Chrome]
    2. After migration have you checked that CSS to support display mode and edit mode of wiki page of Sharepoint 2010 is newly available in style library? [Compare with OOTB wiki page layout of sharepoint 2010]
    3. Investigate the customization of Wiki Page layouts if done.
    4. Is there any javascript error occured.
    5. Please enable dashboard and check again.
    6. User Fiddler tool Investigate the request process.

I think there is some problem with Wiki page content editor control that supports rich html also.

Hope this helps.

-Saumil

2012年6月23日 8:59
  • Thanks Saumil, I'll give the check list a try and report back.
    2012年6月25日 19:18