After upgrading from sms 2003 sp3 to sccm 2007 sp1 I have notice that when I go to edit the criteria/ query statement for a collection it takes a very long time to display the query syntax. This is showing up on both new and existing collections. All other areas of the sccm admin console do not have a delay. For example, if I click on an existing collection, the members appear fairly quickly. If I right click on the collection- properties- membership-query ( no delays) but when I click on edit query statement it can take up to five minutes to display the syntax. This also happens when creating a new collection. Setup windows server 2k3 sp2 ,quad 2ghz processors 6 gb ram, sccm 2007 sp1 and sql 2005 sp2 all on the same server.
Thanks in advance for any help.
I have not seen that, but all my sites are clean installs, and not upgrades. However, with my TAP customers when we did upgrades, we did not notice that either.
2008年8月17日 1:42所有者：Closing this out as no update in a couple of months.
We have the same problem here... After our SMS 2003 SP3 upgrade to SCCM SP1 collection updates are very slow. Updates or new collections take 10+ mins.
Wally if you have any ideas please let me know.
No, I don't have any ideas, sorry. I have not heard of any issues with upgraded sites and collection creation/update issues. I'd check the colleval.log to validate that it is working when requested, and if a very long delay, then I can only offer a call to product support.
I don't have an upgraded site to test on, but know in my fresh install of Configuration Manager RTM or SP1 (I've tested on both) a collection update or a new collection takes less than a minute. Of course, depending on the complexity of the rules, the size of the database, number of collection members, etc, the process can certainly take more time than that.
K, No problem it’s not a show stopper for us. I may open a support case about it but right now we are working on the BDD upgrade to MDT.
Our SCCM Setup:
We have a Central Server that is a parent of Six Primary servers and each primary has about 10 secondaries which are only DP's. We do everything from the central and let it pass it down. Our Central DB is around 31Gigs.
Thanks for the feedback.
I also hav'nt seen following issue but you try to check sql log and its maintance schedule.