I am looking for some help in troubleshooting an error we experience. We have a SharePoint 2010 farm with a search center application.
We encounter this behavior frequently throughout the day:
We conduct a search - either All Sites or People. We get the following error:
Internal server error exception:
Correlation ID: ba5754c9-b0db-475c-93b6-d3b50b150a18
We try again - same error. Again, same error. Wait like 30 seconds try the same exact search and get results. It is almost like it times out waiting for a web pool to spin up - but all web pools are running...
It is very hard to duplicate since , once it starts returning results it is fine. I suspect after a period of inactivity the behavior returns....
Any ideas? We've rebuilt search application about 100 times...
Did you deploy any certificates on your SharePoint search server? if so, the cause might be related to certificate verification.
The issue occurs at the level of Automatic Root Certificates Update Windows Component.
Try to disable automatic updates of root certificates on the SharePoint Servers:
1. Launch gpedit.msc as admin on the SharePoint server
2. Go to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security settings -> Public Key Policies -> Certificate Path Validation Settings
3. In Network retrieval tab -> select Define the policy settings and uncheck the option Automatically update certificates in the Microsoft Root Certificate Program (recommended):
4. Run the command gpupdate /force for policy changes to take immediately effect on the server.
Rock Wang TechNet Community Support
- 已标记为答案 Xue-Mei Chang-MSFTModerator 2012年3月19日 2:43
Hi - Just out of curiosity, did the solution offered below solve the problem? I too am experiencing the same exact issue, and am looking for possible solutions.
Unfortunately, no as we did not deploy any certificates it did not apply. Odd thing is though - this issue affected our test farm. When we migrated to production the issue did not follow.