Could someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find information of how to setup SCVMM in a parent / child or headquarters / branch office type environment?
My goal is to have an enterprise solution such that those using SCVMM at the headquarters office can see and manage all of the Hosts and VMs in the headquarters and branch office locations; however those at the branch office locations can only see and manage their Hosts and VMs. Is this possible and if so how?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
That's so possible steps are:
1. install SCVMM in headquarter and all hosts to SCVMM
2. create two host Groups headquarter and Branch office
3. create a delegated Administrator account for headquarter
4. create a delegated Administrator account for headquarter
5. Add member to delegated roles as needed
6. Assign headquarter role to both host groups
7. assign branch Administrator to branch host group
Regards, Hikmat Kanaan Amman-Jordan Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the posts that helps you
- 已建议为答案 DavidLachari [MVP Virtual Machine]MVP 2012年7月16日 12:46
2012年7月16日 14:04Hikmat Kanaan: Thank you oh so much. Have a great day!
- 已标记为答案 Sam_Smith 2012年7月16日 14:04