I installed the following features of the SC2012 VMM on the same server:
- VVM Management Server
- VMM Console
Port 433 was configured during the setup process to be used for the file transfer to agents on hosts and library servers.
After while I wanted to install the VMM Self-Service Portal on the same server, but it offered to have UNencrypted web traffic on port 80: Port to Self-Service Portal.
My questions are:
- How to enable the web traffic for the Self-Service Portal to be encrypted during the installation?
- Is it safe to manually change the protocol from HTTP to HTTPS in order encrypt the web traffic. If so, can HTTPS be for the same port 80 or it has to be another port? I am not planning to host any other sites except SSP on that server.
- When I configure the SSP to use the certificate and encrypt the traffic I have to specify https://ssp.mydomain.local:1433 otherwise the page won't be displayed. Going forward, I may be happy with the HTTPS traffic for SSP to use port 1443, but is there a way to configure IIS so that user just enters https://ssp.mydomain.local without trailing ":1443"?
Thank you very much in advance!
- 已编辑 Alex3852 2012年7月12日 13:44
You can check "Hardening VMM Self-Service Web Servers"
Mohamed Fawzi | http://fawzi.wordpress.com
- 已标记为答案 Alex3852 2012年7月19日 2:31