Hi im having a problem with my built in LAN i can connect to the net via a wirless adapter (borrowed) but when i try to connect via a wired connection it comes up as unidentified network and gives me a private ip address even though i have it configured to get an ip from dhcp, i have disabled/re-enabled it many times i have done netsh winsock reset as well as ipconfig /release and then renew.
i created a dual boot and installed linux and linux will connect via my ethernet connection so i am stumped why windows 7 ultimate wont. i have also tried re-installing my drivers and even did a clean install but to no avail any help would be great as this has been going on for 2 months now.
- 已移动 Carey FrischMVP, Moderator 2012年6月8日 1:59 Moved to more appropriate forum (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
1. Have you install chipset driver just after vanilla plain W 7 U installation followed by video, audio and NIC driver install?
2. What motheboard do you have?
3. You are enumerating many tests, but I cannot see a single output from event log, ipconfig all, what is in device manager,....
4. What is the device you are connected with this "failing computer" to?
Wireless adapter? Do you mean that is a USB wireless adapter rather than wireless router? Do you mean you have two network adapters?
What is your built in LAN network settings? Please run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) command and post here.
Please disable your wireless adapter when you want to connect to net via the wired connection. They must not be at the same subnet.
TechNet Community Support
- 已标记为答案 Arthur XieMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator 2012年6月25日 8:37