none
Excel 2007 and OLE error message

問題

• Trying to send an Excel worksheet by email directly through Excel, rather than opening an email and attaching it.  Getting the message "Microsoft Office is waiting for another application to complete and OLE operation".  No other dialog boxes are open, and no other programs that would be using OLE are open.  The spreadsheet does not have a Word doc embedded in it.  Have to reboot the computer; it freezes everything.  No Visual Basic or macros running either.

Running Excel v. 12.0.6524.5003 SP2 on Windows XP.

Help! How do I fix?

Thanks!

2010年6月8日 下午 02:52

解答

• This dialog is shown for a couple of reasons. The first is if your messaging provider (such as Outlook) is having trouble communicating with the server. If this is the case you would see quite a bit of time pass before the warning appears. A second possibility is if the Managed Debugger Assistant has launched. If you check your process list in Task Manager this would show up as 'MDA' and try ending the process. MDA should only appear if some other operation encountered an error, such as the afore-mentioned problem communicating with the server.

If this dialog ia happening repeatedly, try sending a Word document through email from the Word application and see if it succeeds.

You might also check out the following. The first is related to SAS - I don't know if you are using SAS in your environment, but if so then there is a known issue:

Problem Note 18718: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action
    http://support.sas.com/kb/18/718.html

The link below relates to using an embedded PowerPoint presentation in your Excel spreadsheet.

You receive a "Waiting for another application to complete an OLE action" error message when you edit a linked PowerPoint 2000 presentation
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/226773

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

2010年6月8日 下午 10:31
    版主

所有回覆

• This dialog is shown for a couple of reasons. The first is if your messaging provider (such as Outlook) is having trouble communicating with the server. If this is the case you would see quite a bit of time pass before the warning appears. A second possibility is if the Managed Debugger Assistant has launched. If you check your process list in Task Manager this would show up as 'MDA' and try ending the process. MDA should only appear if some other operation encountered an error, such as the afore-mentioned problem communicating with the server.

If this dialog ia happening repeatedly, try sending a Word document through email from the Word application and see if it succeeds.

You might also check out the following. The first is related to SAS - I don't know if you are using SAS in your environment, but if so then there is a known issue:

Problem Note 18718: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action
    http://support.sas.com/kb/18/718.html

The link below relates to using an embedded PowerPoint presentation in your Excel spreadsheet.

You receive a "Waiting for another application to complete an OLE action" error message when you edit a linked PowerPoint 2000 presentation
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/226773

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

2010年6月8日 下午 10:31
    版主
  • I am having the same problem.  No longer sends email attachments from Excel or Word.  It did not begin until I accepted and installed updates from Microsoft on July 14 & 15, 2010.  I am running Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007  Service Pack 2 (SP2) on a machine with Windows 7 Professional, version 6.1.7600 ( 64-bit) with 4GB of RAM.  Here are the recent updates:

Windows Live Essentials

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - July 2010 (KB890830)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976422)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2032276)

Security Update for Microsoft Office Access 2007 (KB979440)

Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2202131)

Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB980376)

This last time I went through Task Bar and terminated 3 Outlook process that were still running although the program had been closed. 

I AM LOOKING FOR A PERMANENT REPAIR TO THIS INTEROPERABILITY BUG.

2010年7月27日 下午 06:58