none
BizTalk EDI adaptor problem

問題

• Hi everyone,

i want ot install EDI adaptor in BizTalk 2009

i have done with unzip MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplates.exe in default folder and configured in configuration wizard but

after that when i try to create new adaptor then EDI adaptor is not availble in drop down option

would u please help to install this adaptor..

Harmeet Singh Virk

2012年5月25日 上午 08:12

解答

• Hi,

EDI doesnt have a separate adapter, the schemas that you have unziped work like any other flat file and you can use the EDI specifc pipelines to receive or send messages in flat file format. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

• 已提議為解答 mitchke 2012年5月25日 下午 01:17
    • 已標示為解答 Harmeet Singh Virk 2012年5月28日 上午 06:51
    2012年5月25日 上午 10:31
  • Hi Harmeet,

There is no such thing as EDI Adapter in BizTalk now. Suppose you want to send an EDI file through an Email attachment then what you have to do is include an EDI schema create mappings,define party,source schema and Orchestration. Then use an SMTP adapter to send the file on desired Email ID but the only thing you have to do is select EDI Send pipeline on the send port. EDI pipelines are available to you "out of box" in BizTalk. It means you dont have to create an send pipeline in your project but it would be always available on ports.

Please Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

2012年5月28日 上午 05:41

所有回覆

• Hi,

EDI doesnt have a separate adapter, the schemas that you have unziped work like any other flat file and you can use the EDI specifc pipelines to receive or send messages in flat file format. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

• 已提議為解答 mitchke 2012年5月25日 下午 01:17
    • 已標示為解答 Harmeet Singh Virk 2012年5月28日 上午 06:51
    2012年5月25日 上午 10:31
  • i m new to EDI solution applications but my query is how EDI application communicate with another applications

and adaptor they use...microsoft providing Help on configuration Base EDI transport

but how can we add this Base EDI transport adaptor.....?

Harmeet Singh Virk

2012年5月27日 上午 11:24
  • Like Bali says, you do NOT want to use the Base EDI adapter it is deprecated! You want to use the EDI Receive/Send Pipelines and then use whatever Adapter makes sense for receiving and/or sending EDI (File, FTP, HTTP, POP3, SMTP etc.)

Morten la Cour

2012年5月27日 下午 05:59
  • Hi Harmeet,

There is no such thing as EDI Adapter in BizTalk now. Suppose you want to send an EDI file through an Email attachment then what you have to do is include an EDI schema create mappings,define party,source schema and Orchestration. Then use an SMTP adapter to send the file on desired Email ID but the only thing you have to do is select EDI Send pipeline on the send port. EDI pipelines are available to you "out of box" in BizTalk. It means you dont have to create an send pipeline in your project but it would be always available on ports.

2012年5月28日 上午 05:41
  • Hi RahulM,

Thanks for the reply, its really helpfull..

but one thing, on searching i found configuration of BASE EDI-Transport, it can be done as we configure other adaptors (like SQL, FTP, File)

though BizTalk Admin Console, so how can we add this Base EDI adaptor in Adapter list....??

Harmeet Singh Virk

2012年5月28日 上午 06:51
  • Hi Bali,

Thanks for ur swift reply...

i followed KB to configure Base EDI adapter, so i want to know about how we can add Base EDI-transport adapter,

for more details  please refer my latest reply.........

Harmeet Singh Virk

2012年5月28日 上午 06:57
  • Hi Harmeet,

Which BizTalk version are you using ? Base-EDI adapter was only available till BizTalk 2006 and was removed from BizTalk 2006 R2,2009 and BT 2010 for furthur details please see here and read its first few lines. You should use EDI pipelines as I have told you in my last reply.

2012年5月28日 上午 07:08