none
Infopath action rule not working

問題

• I am designing a payment/funds transfer form with a field "fee". Fee paid by clients are calculated based on amount transferred.

I used action rules specifying what fee should be charged based on the amount transferred but the rule does not work ; the fee field is blank irrespective of the transferred amount (Dollar Paid). Any idea what I'm doing wrong? (see screen capture below)

• 已編輯 SMIND 2012年6月15日 下午 08:52
    2012年6月15日 下午 05:26

解答

• Hi,

It's odd that it doesn't work, I tried it my self and it works perfectly well.

I have both fields set as "Decimal(double)" and the rules are set on dollarpaid field.

Could you just try to do this on a blank form with nothing else on it, just to make sure there isn't anything else messing things up.

Start with just one or two rules to make sure it works.

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

2012年6月16日 下午 05:15

所有回覆

• Can you double-check whether you have formatted the Dollar Paid field/control to be a number as oppose to a string. Same goes for the Fee field as well.

MCPD, MCITP, MCTS

2012年6月16日 上午 04:59
  • Thank you.

I had the fields formatted as "Decimal" but it still didn't work after I changed the controls to Text String.

I've tweaked everything I could think of but nothing seems to work ; any further advice?

2012年6月16日 下午 04:20
  • Hi,

It's odd that it doesn't work, I tried it my self and it works perfectly well.

I have both fields set as "Decimal(double)" and the rules are set on dollarpaid field.

Could you just try to do this on a blank form with nothing else on it, just to make sure there isn't anything else messing things up.

Start with just one or two rules to make sure it works.

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

2012年6月16日 下午 05:15
  • Thanks, it worked.

I had the rule set on 'fee' field instead of "dollarpaid" ; I've battled with this for days, probably too close to the problem to see the solution.

I'm so grateful.

2012年6月16日 下午 06:55