none
People Profile

所有回覆

• Do you mean, users want to update data in profiles in Sharepoint? 

It must not be frequent, right?

You can send the data to admins and admins can update the data using powershell commands.

Basically, "User Information List" needs to be updated.

2012年6月14日 下午 06:08
  • Yes you are right, we just want that people should be able to send the update to Site Admins when ever they have one. For example they have a new office location or something...So, That's exactly what I was asking for...But where is this "User Information List"? How will people access this?And, can this list be configured for the elements that we would like people to be able to send updates to. 

Thanks in advance

2012年6月14日 下午 06:12
  • How will the user's send the data to Admins?

Thanks,

2012年6月14日 下午 06:27
  • Your share point admin must be running full/incremental crawl. In such case updated data from active directory would automatically get reflected in user profile.  If not then you can send the "data to be updated" to administrators and they should be able to update the data.
    2012年6月14日 下午 07:01
  • Well, I guess I am not able to explain it properly. What I need to understand is how are the users going to send an update to the Site Admin? There will need some kind of form that will be attached to the profile page? I am trying to get an understanding of how I can provide that to the user?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

2012年6月14日 下午 07:24
  • Hi,

You can create custom application page and use the "UserProfileManager" class to get user information from sharepoint. Now if user update anything on page then you can send request mail to update the information in sharepoint user profile service.

Here is sample code to get user information from user profile:

using (SPSite site = new SPSite("Site URL"))
    {
    SPServiceContext context = SPServiceContext.GetContext(site);
    UserProfileManager upm = new UserProfileManager(context);
    UserProfile profile = upm.GetUserProfile("Domail\\UserName");
    String WorkEmail=profile[PropertyConstants.WorkEmail].Value.ToString();
    String FirstName = profile[PropertyConstants.FirstName].Value.ToString();
    String LastName = profile[PropertyConstants.LastName].Value.ToString();
    }

You can also look into below MSDN article for more information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.server.userprofiles.userprofilemanager.aspx

Hope i understood you correctly

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

2012年6月15日 上午 07:04
    版主
  • This is good, if I take this route what would be the best place to provide a link  to the custom application page for the users so they would be able to access it.

I was really hoping there would be a way to provide a list to the user with the fields pre-populated. And then once they save the list with updates on any of the items on the list those would be sent to the admin. 

Thanks,

2012年6月15日 下午 12:24
  • Hi,

there is a list, which shows user information and we call this "user Information" but you can not update the data. Now you have userdisp.aspx page within site, which shows the user data but it will require admin permission to update the data so normally we don't allow user to do this.

So better you create your own page and add this page in site, wherever you want.

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

2012年6月15日 下午 02:38
    版主
  • So, if I am understanding it correctly the page will have a list to display the profile items and the when the user updates anything on that list it will be routed to the admin?

Thanks,

2012年6月15日 下午 05:10