none
Exchange 2010 SP1 Retention Policy

問題

• We are re-implementing our retention policy 60 days Inbox/DeletedItems/SentItems. inbox BaseFolderOnly is set to True. So subfolder will be exempt

Two questions

The correct procedure to implement this would be to 

1 - Create three new retention tags for the three managed folders.

2 - Add them to a Policy

3 - Add individual Mailboxes to that policy. 

It that it?

I want to make sure the policy goes into effect @ 12am Sept 26. So Sunday is the last day the email will be there, and Monday 12:00am exchange will begin to purge the emails from users mailboxes. Can I control the timing or just set it on Sunday and Monday it will kick off?

Thanks - SJMP 

2011年9月13日 下午 03:42

所有回覆

• OK I was just testing on a mailbox and it deleted the sub-folders under the inbox. Even though BaseFolderonly is set to TRUE - please advise?

FolderType                : Inbox

Description               : ManagedDefaultFolder

FolderName                : Inbox

LocalizedFolderName       : {}

StorageQuota              : unlimited

Comment                   :

LocalizedComment          : {}

MustDisplayCommentEnabled : False

BaseFolderOnly            : True

TemplateIds               : {}

RetentionPolicyTag        : {Email Retention Policy -Inbox- 60 Days}

AdminDisplayName          :

ExchangeVersion           : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)

Name                      : Inbox

Identity                  : Inbox

• 已編輯 SJMP 2011年9月13日 下午 05:32
    2011年9月13日 下午 05:31
  • It it true that Exchange2010 SP1 - ignores - the basefolderonly switch? Crap....

So from what I gather in 2010 the only way to exclude subfolders from the default folder RPT is to add prt? And if so how do I do that for all mailboxes in OU's?

Thanks

• 已編輯 SJMP 2011年9月13日 下午 05:55
    2011年9月13日 下午 05:39
  • Hi SJMP,

Per your description, you are using the retention policy and want to achieve the basefolderonly.
    Manged folders have a BaseFolderOnly option that can do what you want, but we could not mix it with RP.
    We could created new ManagedContentSettings and anagedFolderMailboxPolicy and applied to the mailbox.
    Some information for you:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb408414.aspx
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638169.aspx
    Related discussion:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/0d542a26-1171-4a16-a4a1-f2beb6507809

Regards!
    Gavin

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2011年9月14日 下午 03:03
  • Gavin

I wish MS support was aware that you could not use both. They were setting me up with a MFP and RP and I was telling them that one would replace the other. So we then tried to go back to RP: Created the follow 4 Tags - but this does not work either. the Inbox tag overides the personal folders disabled tag. This was a workaround MS support gave me. 

Deleted Items 60Days PermDelete

Sent Items 60Days PermDelete

Inbox 60 Days PermDelete

Personal Folders - Disabled

How can I achieve my goal. I have a MFP that is tied to Inbox BaseFolderOnly. How would I include the Deleted and Sent Items to this MFP?

Thanks - SP

2011年9月15日 下午 02:25
  • Gavin

"You can also create Personal tags with retention disabled to allow users to tag items that are never moved to archive or never expire" - How can I do this for all users? In subfolders of Inbox Only-  

This was so simple and straight forward in 2007... crap. 

Thanks - SJMP

2011年9月15日 下午 02:33
  • Hi SJMP,

If we want to use the MRP on folder base, we could only use the MRM 1.0 instead of the RP.
    So, we do not use the retention policy.
    -> "You can also create Personal tags with retention disabled to allow users to tag items that are never moved to archive or never expire" - How can I do this for all users? In subfolders of Inbox Only-
    A:What I mean, for the personal tags, it is controled by the user throught the outlook client.
    Sure, it is easily achieved by exchange 2007 version.
    Take one example, for exchaneg 2010:
    Apply the MRM Policy only to Base Folder 'Inbox' and wants to exclude the Inbox sub folders from the MRM Policy.
    New-ManagedFolder "Inbox1" -DefaultFolderType "Inbox"
    Set-ManagedFolder "Inbox1" -BaseFolderOnly:$True
    New-managedContentSettings "Inbox Content" -Foldername "Inbox1" -RetentionEnabled:$True -AgelimitForRetention "7" -RetentionAction DeleteAndAllowRecovery -MessageClass *
    New-ManagedFolderMailboxPolicy "Inbox Policy" -managedFolderLink "inbox1"
    Set-Mailbox "tur2" -ManagedFolderMailboxPolicy "Inbox Policy"
    Start-ManagedFolderAssistant

Regards!
    Gavin

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2011年9月16日 上午 07:06
  • Hi SJMP,

Any update for your issue?

Regards!
    Gavin

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttngfb@microsoft.com

2011年9月23日 上午 05:19
  • Gavin,

I tried your suggestion above but MRM does not work if you have archiving enabled. 

Mailbox 'Test, User' cannot be Archive enabled with Managed Folders Policy. Archives are supported only with Retention Policy.

Is there a way to have an archive enabled user with just the Inbox not any subfolders getting deleted systematically?

Coming from an Ex2003 environment, it seems like this functionality should exist in some form.

Thanks

Ken

2011年9月23日 下午 04:33
  • We need to use the MRM 1.0 (Managed Folder Mailbox Policy) for applying the policy only on Base Folder only, command need to run in EMS on Exchange server

[ Note: If we are Using the Retention Policy (MRM 2.0) then we can view the expiry of  each and every email items of the folders on which the retention Policy is tagged and this can be only view from OWA and Outlook 2010, But this feature is not available  for  Managed Folder Mailbox Policy (MRM 1.0) ]

We cannot use the Base Folder only switch in MRM 2.0 (Retention Policy) because it is TAG Specific (DPT, RPT, and PPT) not Managed Folder specific. We cannot achieve from the server end, But we can achieve through client end by adding the an additional personal policy tag or a disable personal policy tag in the retention Policy.

Thank you, Anil Yadav

2012年5月22日 下午 07:59
  • Yes, Retention Tags do not support the BaseFolderOnly switch added to Managed Folders in Exchange 2007. You can use Managed Folders in Exchange 2010.

Alternatively, you provision Personal Tags for your users and they can apply them to specific folders. If you want to do this from the server side, you can use a PowerShell script that uses Exchange Web Services (EWS) API to apply a Personal Tag to a folder. Check out the script in Stamping Retention Policy Tag using EWS Managed API 1.1 from PowerShell(Exchange 2010).

Important: Test all scripts, commands and executables downloaded from the Internet in a test environment before using them in production.

In general, it helps to keep things simple. Rather than applying different retention settings to sub-folders, I'd recommend using different folder altogether and apply a Personal Tag to it.

HTH,

Bharat Suneja
    Microsoft Corporation
    blog: Exchangepedia.com
    Follow: @bsuneja
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

----------------------------

2012年6月6日 上午 01:51