none
SCCM database view v_R_System missing?

Question

• Is it possible that the SCCM database view v_R_System is missing?  I am currently using SCCM 2012 and when i run the following sql query, "Select * From v_R_System", within Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on the SCCM database server, i receive the error "Invalid object name 'v_R_System".  Is v_R_System even a valid view in SCCM 2012?  Do i need to create it myself?  If it is required and missing how do i get it back?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Friday, January 11, 2013 5:35 PM

Answers

• Jason, Thanks for your quick reply.  It was an issue with permissions.  Once i added the proper permissions i was able to run my queries successfully.  Thanks Again!
    • Marked as answer by taylma31 Friday, January 11, 2013 7:38 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 7:38 PM

All replies

• You either do not have the correct database selected (you can do this directly in the management studio so that the query automatically targets the database or in your query itself) or you do not have permissions to read the database -- just because you are a ConfigMgr admin doesn't mean you have permissions to read the DB, they are two separate and different sets of permissions.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

• Proposed as answer by Derek Gary Friday, January 11, 2013 10:36 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 6:17 PM
  • Jason, Thanks for your quick reply.  It was an issue with permissions.  Once i added the proper permissions i was able to run my queries successfully.  Thanks Again!
    • Marked as answer by taylma31 Friday, January 11, 2013 7:38 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 7:38 PM