Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:15 AM
I am having an issue with a single *.xlsx that has this error whenever opening it in excel 2007.
error: Excel found unreadable data in *.xlsx
Excel repairs it and I can save it but the error will reappear upon reopening the file.
what excel repairs:
Repaired Records: Table from /xl/tables/table3.xml part (Table)
Repaired Records: Table from /xl/tables/table8.xml part (Table)
Repaired Records: Table from /xl/tables/table12.xml part (Table)
Repaired Records: Table from /xl/tables/table16.xml part (Table)
Repaired Records: Table from /xl/tables/table20.xml part (Table)
Excel does not specify which sheet the errors are on which is an issue as the workbook contains around 50 sheets.
Any ideas on how to fix or identify where these table errors exist in the workbook?
I have tried updating Office to SP2, applied kb983314, converting to xls and back, converting to htm and back.
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:08 AMModerator
a. Will this issue still occur after saving the workbook to another Excel file?
b. Will this issue happen in other people's machine? Or just happen to you?
c. If you don't mind, will you send this file to me by email or Network hard disk?
Before I get the reply, please also try to start the Office program in safe mode
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.
2. Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Office program you want to start.
If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Office program, we can try to disable them. Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Office program:
1. Click File menu, click Options > Add-in, click Go button in the Manage: Com-in Add.
2. Check if there are any add-ins, clear the checkbox to disable them.
3. Close the Office program and restart it.
4. Add one check back each time to the list of Add-In, restart the Office program, and repeat the above procedure. Once the issue reappears again, we can determine which add-in causes this problem and then disable it.
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
- Marked As Answer by William Zhou CHN Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:18 AM
Friday, March 16, 2012 3:23 PMAssuming the repair is working, what worked for me was to convert to xlsb and then back to xlsx.