Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:07 PMWe have been trying to disable "Save As PDF" option in MS Word 2007. We tried it using the group policy as descibed in the artcile http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_office_publisher/archive/2009/03/31/coming-in-sp2-save-as-pdf-or-xps.aspx . But it disables "Save AS PDF" for all office applications like excel, powerpoint etc. and not just MS Word 2007. Is there a way to do this without impacting "save as pdf" feature in other Office applications? I am not sure if this can be done through registry settings?
Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:56 AM
You can disable Control IDs to accomplish it for specific Office program via Group Policy.
Office 2007 Control IDs link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3582
Disabling commands by using control IDs to disable "FileSaveAsPdfOrXps" (ID:12499) in Word 2007, follow these steps:
- In the Group Policy Object Editor console, expand User Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, and then expand Microsoft Word 2007.
- Click Disable items in User Interface, click Custom, double-click Disable commands, and then click Enabled.
- Click Show. In the Show Contents dialog box, click Add, enter the control ID 12499 for the command that you want to disable FileSaveAsPdfOrXps in the Add Item dialog box, and then click OK.
- Click OK. In the Disable commands policy Properties page, click OK.
After this setting, you can find registry key located to this path:
Value Data: 12499
“Disable user interface items and shortcut keys in Office 2007”
William Zhou CHN
TechNet Community Support
- Edited by William Zhou CHN Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:56 AM
- Edited by William Zhou CHN Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:57 AM
- Edited by William Zhou CHN Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:15 AM
- Edited by William Zhou CHN Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:16 AM
- Edited by William Zhou CHN Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:17 AM
- Edited by William Zhou CHN Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:19 AM
- Marked As Answer by William Zhou CHN Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:09 AM