Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:12 PMI have an Access 2003 database that is used by a handful of people. Some are using Office 2003, Office 2007 and now some have Office 2010. Someone is opening the database and when they do the functions get corrupted. When the next person gets in it, they get an unrecognized function error. When you try to open the modules, I get an error message that says Microsoft Access can not find the module XXXX it may be misspelled. But it is not misspelled and it does it on all the modules. I have tried to recreate this error and can not do it. I thought it might have something to do with the security settings but I've tried resetting mine (Office 2010) and it doesn't do that. Do you have any idea why this is happening. I'm suspecting that it may have to do with a single machine.
Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:21 AMModerator
It seems to be an isolated case. I would suggest you create a new database in Access 2010 and then transfer the Tables, Forms and Codes from the original database file to the new file. Debug the Codes in the new file and see if the issue can be reproduced. And you can share your code here and we would like to do the further check.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Rex ZhangModerator Monday, June 04, 2012 1:47 AM
Monday, August 13, 2012 8:13 PMI am having ALL my legacy XP office dbs start corrupting the modules. So far 3. Something is wrong with access 2010.
Friday, August 17, 2012 10:59 PM
This is an isolated case sounds like I don’t have the time or resources to research it. This is not an isolated case. I cannot find any of my modules I had worked on for months. This seems to be an MS Access bug.
- Edited by Sam T 1 Friday, August 17, 2012 11:06 PM