Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:15 PM
This is the message I receive when trying to open a Word document.
"Microsoft Word Starter cannot be opened. Try again or repair product in Control Panel."
I find no way to repair in Control Panel. Don't even find Microsoft Word Starter in Control Panel. Help, please.
Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:23 AM
Right click the document which you are trying to open and select properties, in general tab click "Unblock" button.
Then open the document.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:58 AM
You may also try following steps test this issue:
- Click Start(Windows button) > Control Panel.
- Please launch Program and Features from Control Panel.
- Right-click on Microsoft Office Starter Edition 2010 and choose Change.
- On the next screen click Yes to start the repair.
- Once the repair completes click OK.
TechNet Community Support