Monday, August 20, 2012 1:19 PM
When i install sharepoint 2010 in my windows 7 system,i face the below issue.Please give me a solution as soon as possible.
Monday, August 20, 2012 1:29 PM
Have you checked the log file to see what the issue is? If not, here is a post on where the log files reside on your server: http://sharepoint400.blogspot.com/2011/01/sharepoint-2010-installation-and.html
Brandon Atkinson - Blog: http://brandonatkinson.blogspot.com/
- Marked As Answer by Qiao WeiMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:56 AM
Monday, August 20, 2012 1:31 PM
The error is quite straight forward that one of the other component is missing to be installed. Check the prerequisites as below -
- Check if IIS is installed and configured or not from Programs and Features under "Click on Features On or Off"
- Check if the .Net Framework 3.5.1 is installed or not from Programs and Features under "Click on Features On or Off"
- I hope the account you are using is a part of Local Admin group on the machine
- Check if Filter Pack 2.0, MS Chart Control, Speech, Sync Framework, KB974405 are installed or not.
- SQL server Native Client should also be installed
And I believe you would have appended the string required in the setup file for "AllowClientInstallation"
If all these does not help, you may check on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee554869.aspx
Thanks, Sumit Gupta SharePoint Consultant MCP, MCTS, CCNA
Monday, August 20, 2012 1:52 PM
Could you provide some details from the setuplog to get a head start? Just type %temp% in "start >> run" to open the temp directory.
Did this fail during the prerequisites install or the SP2010 install?
Also the steps to setup SP2010 on a Windows 7 differ a bit then that of a Windows Server machine. Make sure you follow the step by step as given in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee554869.aspx
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:12 AMModerator
You may check the log first. Following is the directory of the SharePoint Server 2010 setup log.
Please install the following additional prerequisites:
Microsoft FilterPack 2.0
Microsoft Sync Framework
SQL Server Native Client
Windows Identity Foundation (Windows6.1-KB974405-x64.msu)
Chart Controls (this is not required if you are going to install SharePoint Foundation 2010)
SQL Server Analysis Services - ADOMD.Net (this is not required if you are going to install SharePoint Foundation 2010).
You can refer to the blog below.
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 encountered an error during setup. One or more required office components failed to complete successfully.
TechNet Community Support