Monday, August 20, 2012 9:13 PM
People Search not returning results – Crawler running 100 % for files / content
Profiles synced and in the database
Profile / Config
1. Authentication = NTLM (3 WFEs)
2. Protocol = HTTPS
3. Network Load Balancing = SharePoint Web Proxy
4. Server Adapter = DisableLoopBack on Entire Farm
5. Search Account has full control for application service
I tried everything i can think of – any more issues you can think of?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:30 AM
You are using SharePoint Server 2010 ?
1. Forgot to enable the crawling user to activate the right to crawl user profiles. => Central Admin => App Management => Manage Service Apps => *Select* User Profile Service App => Clikc "Administrators" in Ribbon. => Add rights for content crawl account: Retrieve People Data for Search Crawlers.
2. Content Source not correct... Add "sps3://<mysite-host-url>" (HTTP) or "sps3s://<mysite-host-url>" (HTTPS) to the / a content source.
3. Re-crawl the content source.
Please report your results!
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:33 AMjust to add on with Ingo's reply check with default content access acccount should have read permisson on the database regards Pious
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:11 PM
the default content access accout does not need permissions on any User Profile Service database. Just the rights on the UPA.