Monday, April 30, 2012 1:49 PMI have created a custom Sharepoint workflow that creates and manipulates tasks in a list.
All my activities execute properly, but when the workflow is about to get to the end (the red point in the diagram :)) some nasty exception happens.
Even with the exception the workflow is marked as complete and the task is also complete.
I have tried to remove the last activities from the workflow because I thought they are causing the trouble, but the problem persists (this is the reason I think the problem is the finalization of the workflow itself and not my activities). The same workflow code is working fine in 2007 environments.
Have you encountered such problem and if you had how can I solve it?
Here are exception details:
System.ArgumentException: <nativehr>0x80070057</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack> at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.RegisterEventReceiver(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, EventReceiverOperation operation, Guid guidId, String bstrName, Guid guidSiteId, Guid guidWebId, Guid guidHostId, Int32 dwHostType, Int32 dwSynchronization, Int32 dwType, Int32 dwSequenceNumber, String bstrAssembly, String bstrClass, Guid solutionId, String bstrData, String bstrFilter, Int32 dwCredential, Guid contextObjectId, Guid contextType, Guid contextEventType, Guid contextId, Guid contextCollectionId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.RegisterEventReceiver...
...(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, EventReceiverOperation operation, Guid guidId, String bstrName, Guid guidSiteId, Guid guidWebId, Guid guidHostId, Int32 dwHostType, Int32 dwSynchronization, Int32 dwType, Int32 dwSequenceNumber, String bstrAssembly, String bstrClass, Guid solutionId, String bstrData, String bstrFilter, Int32 dwCredential, Guid contextObjectId, Guid contextType, Guid contextEventType, Guid contextId, Guid contextCollectionId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPEventReceiverDefinition.RegisterForSiteOrWebOrList(Operation operation, Boolean isMigration) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWinOESubscriptionService.CommitDeleteSubscription(Transaction txn, Object transData) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPPendingWorkBatch.Commit(Transaction transaction, ICollection i...
...tems) at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkBatch.PendingWorkCollection.Commit(Transaction transaction) at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkBatch.Commit(Transaction transaction) at System.Workflow.Runtime.Hosting.WorkflowCommitWorkBatchService.CommitWorkBatch(CommitWorkBatchCallback commitWorkBatchCallback) at System.Workflow.Runtime.Hosting.DefaultWorkflowCommitWorkBatchService.CommitWorkBatch(CommitWorkBatchCallback commitWorkBatchCallback) at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowExecutor.CommitTransaction(Activity activityContext) at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowExecutor.Persist(Activity dynamicActivity, Boolean unlock, Boolean needsCompensation) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowExecutor.Persist(Activity dynamicActivity, Boo...
...lean unlock, Boolean needsCompensation) at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowExecutor.System.Workflow.ComponentModel.IWorkflowCoreRuntime.PersistInstanceState(Activity activity) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity.MarkClosed() at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity.ReleaseLockOnStatusChange(IActivityEventListener`1 eventListener) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.FaultAndCancellationHandlingFilter.SafeReleaseLockOnStatusChange(ActivityExecutionContext context) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.FaultAndCancellationHandlingFilter.OnEvent(Object sender, ActivityExecutionStatusChangedEventArgs e) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorDelegateInfo`1.ActivityExecutorDelegateOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime) at System.Workflow...
Thursday, May 03, 2012 7:11 AMModeratorHi Arpit,
Flush the cache in all web front end servers and try. Check you've configured the cache properly and you got enough disk space the store these cache resources in WFE servers.
- Marked As Answer by Lhan HanModerator Monday, May 07, 2012 1:27 AM
Monday, May 07, 2012 4:49 PM
Thanks for your answer. I did fluch th cache and made sure that it's set up correctly. But still getting the same error.
Any other thoughts?
- Edited by Arpit Goyal Monday, May 07, 2012 4:49 PM
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:18 AMModeratorHi Arpit,
Please try the following solution, and find if it can solve your issue:
1、Activate the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application in Central Admin.
2、De-activate the 'Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Workflow Timer Service'.
3、Follow Microsoft's guidance which will require a custom script to update settings in the SharePoint configuration database.
If you had disabled the Workflow Auto Cleanup timer job in your Office SharePoint Server 2007 environment, make sure that you disable this timer job in your new environment also. If this timer job is enabled in the new environment and disabled in the previous version environment, you might lose workflow associations when you upgrade. For more information about this timer job.
For more information, please refer to the following links:
- Edited by Lhan HanModerator Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:20 AM