Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:01 AM
Ok, I have a complex view that I want to create (I think) and I am stuck as to how best to aproach it.
We have a series of jobs that are added to a form library with promoted fields. I want to be able to create seperate views and reports:
I have the following columns:
Completed By (This is a string username at present (but I can change it to a People object by using the email address and a workflow))
Assigned To (This is a people object)
Reported By (This is a people object)
Completion Date (Date and Time)
Created Date (Date and Time)
Job Type (String)
Basically what I want is to have reports that show me per month how much has been done and how long it took.
So, the views I want are:
- Completed BY (Grouped) | Month | Total No Completed | Average Time to Completed
- Job Type | Month | Total No Reported | Total No Complete | Average Job Time to Completed
- Assigned To (Grouped) | Month | Total No Assigned | Total No Completed | Average Time Completed
- Jobs Requested (Grouped) | Month | Total No Requested | Total No Completed | Average Time Completed
e.g.(for the first)
JSmith | April | 55 | 7hrs
JSmith | May | 33 | 8 hrs
jDoe | April | 2 | 15 hrs
jDoe | May | 4 | 33 hrs
I think I may end up created two new calculated columns (one for the month) and one for the Time it took to be completed (Completion Date - Start Date).
As for the reports, can they be created in SharePoint OOTB or will it require SharePoint Designer or Access views?
If anyone can help in anyway that would be awesome.
Friday, May 18, 2012 10:06 AM
it sounds like you can do this with OOTB, but using a data view would certainly make it stronger (like in more functionality and better look&feel) but it would mean more work.
http://www.balestra.be || @marijnsomers
- Marked As Answer by Emir LiuMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:54 AM