Friday, August 19, 2011 9:09 AM
we have MOSS 2007 64bit, and there is issue with with Wiki library.
If I'll try to Save Document library as template in Permissions and Management template will be successfully created in List template gallery.
Now if I'll delete original Wiki page library and then create New one - based on template I have created everything seems to be OK.
All wiki pages are restored with the its content.
However, when I'll repeat same steps on this new wiki page library Save Document library as template -> Delete this Wiki page library -> Create new Wiki page library based on the second template I made -> files are there but the content of wiki pages is gone.
Is this expected scenario ? This happens only in case of Wiki page library , I'm not seeing such issue with regular Document library with MS Office 2007 files in it. Just with WIki page library.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion, hint or answer!
- Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 19, 2011 9:54 AM Wiki questions go to Social Computing (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:05 AM
When you create a Wiki Page Library , originally it will open with HOME page, "home.aspx". and this remains same if you click on Wiki Page Lib.
But when you create a Wiki page lib from saved template it will open AllPages.aspx which shows number of pages in that doc lib.
So to make new lib looks like old one you have to modify following settings from Navigation
- Site Action > Site Settings
- Click on Navigation under Look & Feel
- It will show you global & Current navigation
- Select new wiki lib and click Edit
- In URL section just add home.aspx or the welcome page which you want to display when user clicks on Wiki Lib name
- Click OK and it will set to the same look as it was in original wiki lib.
Please let us know if this will be helpful to you.
Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:03 AM
I followed the same steps as you have faced but was not able to replicate the same in my testbox.
I suggest you to put a different name for the template you are creating second time.
I hope this will help you out.
Thanks, Rahul Rashu
Monday, August 22, 2011 7:50 AM
Thanks both of you for your suggestions.
Unfortunately, it didn't help to solve this issue. No matter, what name I'll use for second template , content of the files in that wiki page library will be missing, although custom files (wiki pages) I have created will appear but without content.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:59 AMModerator
I can reproduce your issue, when saving the template the second time, creating a new library based on the template, wiki pages in the library have no content.
After research, we can do the following steps to save the library as template, then create a new library based on the template, content in wiki pages will be shown normally.
1. Open the document library that was made from the template that had all of the content as it should.
2. Within the document library, hit the drop down list for several files and click edit properties, then click OK without actually changing any of the properties.
3. Do this with all the content in the document library.
4. Go to settings->document library settings, save the document library as template.
5. Make a new document library from the template saved, then document content will be included in the files (wiki pages).
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
- Marked As Answer by TomMortu Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:01 AM
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:02 AM
Dear Qiao Wei,
thank you very much for your help . This has solved issue.