Tuesday, May 01, 2012 6:36 PM
My users have the ability to view all pages, add documents to the shared library, add blog posts. I would like to remove the ribbon so they are not able to modify the pages, personal views,
Can I hide almost all the functions in the ribbon, but maintain add/delete/modify documents?
I found this download, but I do not know how to install: http://spribbonvisibility.codeplex.com/
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 6:50 PM
Consider this: http://spribbonvisibility.codeplex.com/
Thinking ahead at some of the folks who may need it. You will be pulled back and forth over who needs it.
- Marked As Answer by Jinchun ChenMicrosoft Employee, Moderator Sunday, May 20, 2012 11:39 AM
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:15 PM
Do you understand how to install http://spribbonvisibility.codeplex.com/
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:40 PM
LilyPaws, the instructions on the link are as follows;
- stsadm -o addsolution -filename PATH\ConsultPoint.SharePoint.RibbonVisibility.wsp
- stsadm -o deploysolution -name ConsultPoint.SharePoint.RibbonVisibility.wsp -allowgacdeployment -immediate
- Activate the feature named ConsultPoint.SharePoint.RibbonVisibility on your site collection
Download the WSP file and then execute the commands above on your server, obviously change PATH to the directory of the WSP file location. From "Site Actions" > "Site Settings" > "Site Collection Features" you should then be able to activate the feature.
Paul Turner http://redmanta.co.uk/blog Twitter: @RedMantaUK MCTS:WSS,MOSS,2010 MCITP:2010.
Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
- Proposed As Answer by Hemendra AgrawalMicrosoft Community Contributor, Moderator Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:02 AM
Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:01 AMModerator
We can also use the SPSecurityTrimmedControl to hide the Ribbon based on permissions group provided.
- Open the master page with SharePoint Designer
- Add tag SPSecurityTrimmedControl around the s4-ribbonrow div
For example, the following sample gives the users, who has ManageWebs permission, to see the Ribbon only:
<SharePoint:SPSecurityTrimmedControl runat="server" Permissions="ManageWeb"> <div id="s4-ribbonrow" class="s4-pr s4-ribbonrowhidetitle"> <div id="s4-ribboncont"> ... ... </div> </SharePoint:SPSecurityTrimmedControl>
But, please note, both the SPSecurityTrimmedControl and the http://spribbonvisibility.codeplex.com/ will hide the Ribbon at all.
You can also see the following article for more information:
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
Wednesday, May 02, 2012 12:38 PM
Jinchun Chenn, Thank you. I will look into this solution as well.