none
Name Cannot be resolved, name could not be matched to a name on the address list.

Question

• I am very confused on this one.

I have a user who has been setup on exchange 2003, (along with everyone else)  I can see all the exchange tasks in AD and I am able to make changes in exchange on her AD profile.    I can look in Exchane System manager and see her mailbox and can even send her mail if I use her full address. (Since I can't see her name in the GAL)    I have been able to set her up on her new iPhone and the account works fine and can send and receive mail.

But I can not set her up in outlook.   When I go to set her up  I get "Name Cannot be resolved, name could not be matched to a name on the address list."   I know the server address is okay becuae if I use anyone elses name it works fine.

I also know that  "Hide in GAL" is not checked.

So how can everythign else work but I can't set her up in outlook or see her on the GAL?

(I have tried removing and readded her mailbox)

thanks

A very stumped Moe.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 1:18 PM

Answers

• Okay this one has been solved.

For some reason it doesn't matter or not if  I recreated the mailbox or not.   In ADSI under the attribute showinAddressBook the value stayed at "Not Set".   Even when Hide in GAL was not checked.

I actually added several users after that and all of them had the right settings.

Either way it was a setting that never changed.

Thanks for the help.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 5:58 PM

All replies

• Also if I create a new user everything is fine.  He even shows up in the GAL so I assume that it is working and being updated.

It's just that one use so far.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 1:35 PM
  • Okay this one has been solved.

For some reason it doesn't matter or not if  I recreated the mailbox or not.   In ADSI under the attribute showinAddressBook the value stayed at "Not Set".   Even when Hide in GAL was not checked.

I actually added several users after that and all of them had the right settings.

Either way it was a setting that never changed.

Thanks for the help.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 5:58 PM
  • What prodedure (steps)  did you end up performing to take care of the problem? Did you copy and paste the value from a user whose name did resolve? I have the same issue and would like to take care of it ASAP. Thanks
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:54 AM