none
Outlook 2013 (MSWOS8) locked in 'working offline' mode & how to fix PLEASE??

Question

• Outlook 2013 (MSWOS8) locked in 'working offline' mode -  how to fix PLEASE (configured successfully to receive email via Netzero)??!
    Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:10 PM

Answers

• Glad to hear the issue has gone. If the behavior happens again, please try to switch your profile to Exchange online mode/ cached mode to check if the "Work Offline" button is available.

Furthermore, Lync would also affect the behavior of Outlook. You may close down Lync, ensuring it was not running in background (in Task Manager making sure that the communicator file wasn't running), then restart Outlook to check the result. Thanks

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:44 AM

All replies

• Have you checked the solution here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/outlook-help/switch-between-working-offline-and-online-HP010355047.aspx

Regards from ExchangeOnline | Windows Administrator's Area

Monday, May 27, 2013 2:47 AM
  • The 'work-offline prefs' in the send/receive ribbon is in fact - as I originally/logically interpreted - a toggle which for still some unknown reason was unresponsive/inactive despite 1+ restarts but is now - also for some unknown reason - fine.

Barring a physical explanation, as a Christian, I am more than content to give thanks/praise to my Lord/Savior for answering my prayer - never underestimate the power of prayer!

For anyone offended by this post, I pray your heart/mind will become open the the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Thanks ManU PhiliP (London's Manchester United football club?? Great team!) for your kind assistance & God bless; Jgs, Houston, Texas

Monday, May 27, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Hi Joe,

I am thankful to you for a great reply. As this is a public forum, I am not talking much through this. I am interested to help you more and prefer to contact me if you are interested on this offer.

Regards from ExchangeOnline | Windows Administrator's Area

Monday, May 27, 2013 3:14 PM
  • Thank you MUP for your very generous offer - your tech assistance would be greatly appreciated & not abused!

But how do I contact you?? I'm an accountant & not a 'tech guy' so am new to such things as forums & do not participate in 'social media.'

You have (no problem but how??) my email. Thanks again, Joe

Monday, May 27, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Oh, I see, contact you via Linked-in. Ok, I have an account, but never use but know for professional reasons need to start & will. And so I see your name is Manu - not FC Man United! Thanks Manu! Joe
    Monday, May 27, 2013 4:20 PM
  • Glad to hear the issue has gone. If the behavior happens again, please try to switch your profile to Exchange online mode/ cached mode to check if the "Work Offline" button is available.

Furthermore, Lync would also affect the behavior of Outlook. You may close down Lync, ensuring it was not running in background (in Task Manager making sure that the communicator file wasn't running), then restart Outlook to check the result. Thanks

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:44 AM
  • Thank you Tony for donating some of your valuable time as well to lend a hand. God bless, Jgs
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:38 AM