none
Can I specifically print certain pages on Microsoft Word using macro commands?

Question

• This question mostly refers to those who have an advance knowledge of Microsoft Word 2007 but please feel free anybody to give any suggestions. I am an accountant and being able to save time on paperwork is very important as you can understand. 

Here is what I am trying to do: I have a Microsoft word document and at the first page there is the title for each of the following chapters that can be found in the next pages. Each time that I will print this document I want to print only specific chapters including the first page which will only have the correspondent titles of these chapters that I want to print; that’s because not all chapters deal with all of my clients. 

The only way that I am aware of choosing specific pages for printing is through the printing options where I can select specific pages at the “page range” option. It is quite time consuming process though as the document is too large and has a lot of chapters. I was thinking of something more efficient which obviously is more challenging to be done. 

I was wondering if it would be possible to select the specific chapters that I want to print only by working on the page that has the titles. Basically if I manage to link the pages of each chapter with the correspondent actual title at the page that has the titles and then just selecting somehow (i.e. by ticking a box) each title in order to collapse it, which will also automatically collapse the correspondent chapter of each one, it would be exactly what I want to do. That is to hide the context that I do not want to print.

I had been told that through macro commands it would be possible to be done but nothing more. 

Many, many thanks in advance!
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hello Antonio,

I have been looking for option on how to do what you want to do. I found that it would be possible to do this with VBA coding, I'm not sure how comfortable you are with VBA but it would be a possibility. The only other way would be to upgrade to Office 2010. In Word 2010 you could use the Navigation pane to print by selection. It would seem that would be faster than the way you are doing it now. If an upgrade is not a option for you. You could create a Service Request with Microsoft and we could help you with VBA coding to do what you want.

Thank you,

Paul Slaathaug Sr. Support Engineer - Microsoft Word
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Antonio,

I have been looking for option on how to do what you want to do. I found that it would be possible to do this with VBA coding, I'm not sure how comfortable you are with VBA but it would be a possibility. The only other way would be to upgrade to Office 2010. In Word 2010 you could use the Navigation pane to print by selection. It would seem that would be faster than the way you are doing it now. If an upgrade is not a option for you. You could create a Service Request with Microsoft and we could help you with VBA coding to do what you want.

Thank you,

Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:48 PM
  • Hello Antonio,

I have found a KB article that might help you as well. Please review this article.

How to print a range of pages in a multiple-section document in Word 2010, in Word 2007, and in Word 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;826218

Thank you,

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:53 PM