none
Setup cannot find Office.en-us\ShellUI.MST in MS Office Pro Plus 2010 and Windows 8

Question

• Greetings all

When I installed MS Office Pro Plus 2010 in a Windows 8 64-bit. Received the following message:

I downloaded another copy of it assuming that it is corrupted and still encountered similar issue.

I installed the x86 and x64 version of MS Office and still encountered similar issues.

Details are as follows:

Current Office Version: MS Office 365 Home Premium Trial Version(OEM)\

Want to install: MS Office 2010 Pro Plus 

Inline image 1

Please advise.

Shahul

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In a similar case, the issue is related to the permission on C drive. Check it here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/setup-cannot-find-officeen-usshelluimst/ea8cdfcd-c90d-4e29-80f3-363b7c97d95e?msgId=99679ee7-3a3c-4d58-8b4d-e68eab826cfd

Determine if we have the full permission on the computer to install the software on C drive.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 29, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Greetings Rex

I verified if I have the permissions to install the software on C drive and yes, I have. I am a member of the Administrators Group. Similarly, I even encountered this on a Windows XP PC when trying to install MS Office Pro Plus 2007, the same error message was seen.

Further checks online, made me found the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935683

Realize that the software was purchased in France and what was being shared to me was a French version of the software. My computers are all set to EN-US as the system locale. 

Tried both workarounds that was stated in the article but still came with the same error message:

1. Change System Locale to French, restart and run the setup again - Failed with similar error message

2. Check the config.xml file and notice that EN-US is already added as a language.

Config.xml

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">

<AddLanguage Id="fr-fr" />

<AddLanguage Id="en-us" ShellTransform="Yes" />

I located the folders Office.en-us and Office.fr-fr and found the ShellUI.MST file in this folder.

Please advise.

Shahul

Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:49 PM