none
hotmail outlook connector

Question

•     I have tried to configure the Outlook connector for Outlook 2010 to access a hotmail client. It goes through the whole synch process and then it errors out. if I go to the data files under mail in control panel it says the data file is unavailable. I have tried to reinstall several times, tried different connector versions with no success. At a loss at this point

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When we use the Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector in Outlook, it will create a local .ost data file for synchronization. The file location will be:

In Windows 7

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\outlook

You can open the location by Start > Run, copy & paste the above path into dialog box then Enter.

Check if you have the permissions to create file in this folder.

If it isn't the reason, make sure you haven't enabled the compatibility options to Outlook:

Please Note: Since the following web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/462

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 5:42 AM

All replies

•     I have tried to configure the Outlook connector for Outlook 2010 to access a hotmail client. It goes through the whole synch process and then it errors out. if I go to the data files under mail in control panel it says the data file is unavailable. I have tried to reinstall several times, tried different connector versions with no success. At a loss at this point. Like most Microsoft products it is a disappointment. The product is inferior, and then Microsoft wants vto charge you a fee to fix their own inferior products.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:39 PM
  • what processes did you take to configure the outlook connector?
    Wednesday, August 01, 2012 2:36 AM
  • Hi,

When we use the Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector in Outlook, it will create a local .ost data file for synchronization. The file location will be:

In Windows 7

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\outlook

You can open the location by Start > Run, copy & paste the above path into dialog box then Enter.

Check if you have the permissions to create file in this folder.

If it isn't the reason, make sure you haven't enabled the compatibility options to Outlook:

Please Note: Since the following web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/462

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 5:42 AM