none
Pages folder showing up in search results

Question

• We are using MOSS 2007 to host our university website and are using the publishing features. The issue i am having is that urls like this are appearing in the search results;

http://www.ucdenver.edu/student-services/resources/registrar/Pages

I would like to exclude all links to the pages folder because when an anonymous users clicks on this link above they are prompted to login, which of course they cannot do. If i login i usually am redirected to default.aspx.  Where is the security trim in this case?  I have been seeing alot of posts about excluding contenttype = folder with a scope rule and i am trying that right now but i fear that this is not going to do the trick. 

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:56 PM This is not a place to ask questions to Microsoft or to report a bug. Bugs can be reported by contacting MS paid support but if they are not bugs you will need to pay.
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:46 PM

Answers

• You could create a new scope and then add in these rules to include only "sts_listitem_850" (pages) and "STS_ListItem_DocumentLibrary" (Document Library Items).  

Also make sure that the account used by the crawled has Read only access.

Friday, February 04, 2011 8:41 AM