none
Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The Partition contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation

Question

• I'm running on windows 7,but when i try to install 7 or 8 on another partition booting from a DVD drive it shows me the above message.I got only one disk(only one hard drive and all the partitions are dynamic).Here's a screen shot

I guess i need to convert the disk from DYNAMIC to BASIC,but i can't when the present windows is already running on a partition in the one and only disk i have,can i? tell me what should i do now,may be if i am missing something,please suggest me.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:06 AM

Answers

• Right click on the 184.06GB & choose format & next assign a drive for it, once done, insert win 7 CD & during the process of installation choose the new assign drive as installation of win 7.

Provided if you still wanna keep the existing win 7 on the C drive as in having dualboot, or else just wipe off everything & start fresh

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, April 07, 2012 3:32 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Right click on the 184.06GB & choose format & next assign a drive for it, once done, insert win 7 CD & during the process of installation choose the new assign drive as installation of win 7.

Provided if you still wanna keep the existing win 7 on the C drive as in having dualboot, or else just wipe off everything & start fresh

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, April 07, 2012 3:32 AM
    Answerer
  • Actually, it looks like you would have to convert the Disk from 'Dynamic' to 'Basic' type, before you can install it as dual boot with another Windows 7 system....
    Friday, July 05, 2013 9:23 AM
  • OK, how do you convert Dynamic disk to Basic? I searched in the Internet and couldn't find any solution that works for me.

Thank you.

Monday, July 08, 2013 2:26 AM