none
Bluescreen error 2057

Question

• Hi,

This morning I had switched my PC on as I do everyday, and after 15 minutes or so of normal use it crashed. I did a hard restart, and it would not load up Windows, going instead into a Restore loop where it was not able to solve the problem. The system restore wouldn't solve the problem either. I've been able to start Windows in Safe Mode, and have the Bluescreen message as below. 

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 124

BCP1: 00000000

BCP2: 8A8633F0

BCP3: B2000040

BCP4: 00000800

OS Version: 6_0_6002

Service Pack: 2_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini091210-01.dmp

C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-235077-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9C00.tmp.version.txt

Any help as to what this is and how I can solve it would be very very much appreciated. Thanks

Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What is the make and model of your PC?

Please click start, type device manager and press enter. Check if there is any yellow exclaimation mark before the devices. Right click on your display card, select properties, under driver tab, click roll back driver. If it grayed out, click uninstall the driver and restart the computer to check the result.

Meanwhile, it is recommended to go to the manufacture's offical website and install the latest and compatible driver for your devices, especially the display card driver.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, September 17, 2010 3:20 AM

All replies

• Probably also worth mentioning that my screen is very pixelated. This started at the same time as the crash above. In all screens, including the Packard Bell splash screen at the very outset of switching the PC on, the screen is pixelated. 

Again, tearing my hair out here! Any help would be brilliant. Thanks.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 9:16 PM
  • Hi,

What is the make and model of your PC?

Please click start, type device manager and press enter. Check if there is any yellow exclaimation mark before the devices. Right click on your display card, select properties, under driver tab, click roll back driver. If it grayed out, click uninstall the driver and restart the computer to check the result.

Meanwhile, it is recommended to go to the manufacture's offical website and install the latest and compatible driver for your devices, especially the display card driver.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, September 17, 2010 3:20 AM