none
Media Streaming Options Removing and Adding?

Question

• Okay, so I am asking the question so that it will not be "asked by the same lame advice that has been offered for all of the other versions of it. I have two PC's and an Xbox 360 on my network.

When we first set the network up all was well, so it is impossible for it to be hard ware related.

Last year I was updating my desktop to Windows 7 and was having some issues getting everything on to the same homegroup and so I removed the Xbox from my laptop's media list.

I want to be very clear here, I am NOT talking about Window Media Player, I AM talking about the Media streaming options page that can be opened through WMP but the problem, as far as I can tell CANNOT be fixed by following the media streaming help tab. So if the only advice that you can offer is a cut and paste from the trouble shooting menu. Pleas refrain from posting, you clearly have misunderstood the problem and would only be wasting your and my time.

Here's the problem, the laptop can now properly see every device in my apartment building, except for the devices that have been removed from that list, namely my Xbox 360.

Since the device is not listed I can not allow it, and can therefore not stream to the device.

Now, since the computer seems to remember what devices have been removed in the past ( as I said this all happened about a year ago) I can only assume that there is a file somewhere on the hard drive that lists all of the removed devices and omits them from the Media Streaming Options list. My guess is that the easiest way to rest the list would be to delete this file.

If someone would be so kind as to tell me the exact location of said file I would appreciate it.

Monday, May 20, 2013 9:09 PM

All replies

• if you go into device manager, System Devices, do you see the devices that you
    removed? are they marked disabled? can you enable them?

On Mon, 20 May 2013 21:09:28 +0000, Jonathan Craven wrote:

>
    >
    >Okay, so I am asking the question so that it will not be "asked by the same lame advice that has been offered for all of the other versions of it. I have two PC's and an Xbox 360 on my network.
    >

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:48 AM
  • Hi Jonathan Craven

You can try the method below to restore your list.

1. Open WMP, right click “Other Libraries” then choose “Customize Navigation Pane”.

2.Click the drop-down list, then choose “Other Libraries”.

3. In this interface, please tick your Xbox device.

4. Click “OK”, then you can find your Xbox device in your WMP.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:40 AM
  • I checked and there is nothing listed that looks like an Xbox, or console, or 'LivingRoom' (that the xbox's name), and nothing in that category looks disabled.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:42 PM
  • I just tried this method but the xbox is not list here either.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:43 PM
  • what happens if you create a new account with admin privileges (not the built in
    administrator) and try to reset up all your streaming in the new account?

On Wed, 22 May 2013 20:42:11 +0000, Jonathan Craven wrote:

>
    >
    >I checked and there is nothing listed that looks like an Xbox, or console, or 'LivingRoom' (that the xbox's name), and nothing in that category looks disabled.
    >

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:21 AM